CB Antenna's

• Thread starter lx450landcruiser
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser

Ok i did an indash CB last night and need and antenna so where di you guys mount yours? and what type antenna is it?
whats the diff between a regular antenna and a CB one?
how did you run the wires of your CB? Any help would help.

thanks mike

moralien

moralien

Website
www.lslc.org
Wilson 1000 hard mount middle of the roof.
Run your wires under your carpet and up the b pillar. This install requires the most amount of work since you have to take the headliner off but IMHO the best and strongest setup there is.

MoJ

MoJ

I saw one in Texas mounted at the top of the lift hatch - similar to the way you would do a trunk mount on a sedan. I imagine it went under the carpet and then up the rear pillar. Thought it was nice b/c no hole in the roof.

-Jason

REDDER1

REDDER1

SILVER Star
ARB Bull bars have an antenna mount tab on them.

I put mine in the back (pre arb). Built it and it only cost me about $5 in materials from home depot and it has held up really really good (so far).

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

later..
joe

cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Website
www.cruiseroutfitters.com
I run the K40 3' antenna, has always been real great... as I recall they will replace it if you ever break it. I think they are available in 2',3',4',5' and 6' mabey others too!

lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser

good deal thanks for the pics

mike

Mr.Bryan

Mr.Bryan

I drilled mine into my front bumper. Only problem is I pick up a little engine noise. Its an 8' whip antenna from radio shack. Ya know what they say about guys with big antennas...

upcruiser

upcruiser

Website
www.tripleplate.com
I've got a 3fter mounted on my bullbar. I ran the cable through the grill, under the battery tray then around the perimeter of the engine compartment, then through the firewall on the driver's side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom