CB Antenna's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
Ok i did an indash CB last night and need and antenna so where di you guys mount yours? and what type antenna is it?
whats the diff between a regular antenna and a CB one?
how did you run the wires of your CB? Any help would help.

thanks mike

Wilson 1000 hard mount middle of the roof.
Run your wires under your carpet and up the b pillar. This install requires the most amount of work since you have to take the headliner off but IMHO the best and strongest setup there is.

I saw one in Texas mounted at the top of the lift hatch - similar to the way you would do a trunk mount on a sedan. I imagine it went under the carpet and then up the rear pillar. Thought it was nice b/c no hole in the roof.

-Jason

ARB Bull bars have an antenna mount tab on them.

I put mine in the back (pre arb). Built it and it only cost me about $5 in materials from home depot and it has held up really really good (so far).

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

later..
joe

I run the K40 3' antenna, has always been real great... as I recall they will replace it if you ever break it. I think they are available in 2',3',4',5' and 6' mabey others too!

I drilled mine into my front bumper. Only problem is I pick up a little engine noise. Its an 8' whip antenna from radio shack. Ya know what they say about guys with big antennas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom