cats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thorvald

Threads
Website
www.pointyhatdesigns.com
I was turning around off mountain road last week, and somehow flipped a rock when I went over it so that it started tearing my fender off, and also dented my cat . (91 fj80)
are they stacked on this year? have yet to see the other one, po cut the muffler off so might have got rid of the other cat too. is the only way to get the cat out of the way to lift and slide? seems like a bad design to have it as one of the lowest points in a tire path.

T- You have 2 cats on the 1991. They are side by side with the O2 sensors before the cats. &nbsp:Don't know how to get them off, but if it's just a small dent, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless there are some problems with the engine starting to run rough.

Good reason to get some sliders. I just like the sound of the heat shield dragging over rocks.... :(

-H-

On the 91-94 trucks you can completely eliminate the cats if you feel the need.  Since the O[sub]2[/sub] sensors are only before the cats, they won't register errors without cats in place.

Mine currently rattle pretty bad against my sliders while the truck idles and I will be straight piping as soon as I get off my duff one of these days.

What's wrong with just a little bit more pollution?  I'll plant a couple of trees to make up for it.

you might have a problems if your state has emissions testing. If you sell your truck to somebody in another state who needs emissions testing you might have to accept a lower offer on the vehicle considering it is a less compliant vehicle they were expecting. just a thought before removal.

wasnt really wanting them off, I was more wondering if they couldnt have routed them higher, above the frame, or if it can be done aftermarket? imagine will just have to get some sliders if going to be going in the rocks. worst part was I was only turning around on a mild dirt road, wasnt even having fun at the time :D

Make a set of "test tubes" and put them on when you go off road and put the cats on when done. This would be the best and legal was to go as you don't need emissions for off road use. And if you forget to put the cats back on, they make great house pets.
kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom