Cat Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 93 adn i am seeing the cats as a weak point. Has anyone taken them out of the exhaust completly? Any CEL? Any power mpg changes. I figure if they are factory they are clogged up and need gone anyway.

No post cat 02 on 93's right? If thats correct, your good. Well, as long as you have an inspection guy. ;)

Very happy with mine still, used the money from scrapping the 2 cats to pay for all but like $20 of the exhaust job, over the frame, and including a flowmaster knockoff.. :D

If you care to hear what it sounds like:

YouTube - 97 Toyota Land Cruiser Exhaust

Just got rid of mine last fall, didnt notice any difference and had no cel. The muffler shop made a y pipe to replace the cat section and since I was getting them to do the whole exhaust from the manifolds back I asked to have it tucked up a little and run along the inside of the frame behind the rear axle. Doesnt sound that bad (cheapo muffler) and it isnt too loud.

D

Ok I don't have any inspection where I live and I think I will pull them off. I feel like I can gain .5mpg without them if they are clogged.

I had leaks right around the sensors in front of the cats. Removed sections from before sensors and to behind the cats. Put in new straight pipes and new sensor flanges and installed sensors. It has a nice low rumble now and no issues. This is on a 94 FZJ80 with only the pre cat sensors. Not my daily driver, recreational use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom