Cascade Cruisers for sale / wanted thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, I had the follower, HPFP, and intake cam replaced shortly after I bought the car, the cam had some wear on the fuel pump lobe and I wanted a clean start with Ceratec to keep it protected. I prefer cars with knobs and buttons instead of touchscreens and unfortunately Audi seems to be moving toward more tech that doesn't have the same longevity as the B5/B6 gens. That's a nice B6 avant there! They definitely improved the tiptronic for the B7, it's snappy to shift manually and holds a gear on coast in sport mode so it's decent to drive. At this point I might sell our XC90 instead since they're more popular around the area.

A friend of mine is building a 1969 fj40 and is looking for a decent windshield frame. He's also in the market for a hardtop and doors and a 60 series power steering gearbox. If anyone has any of these, let me know.

Thanks!
Older post, but just PM'd you on doors.

I have a 1989 FJ62 for sale.
For Sale - 1989 Fj62 in Central Oregon
I have been wanting to have an FJ60 for a while again and I came across a FJ62 and thought it might cure my desire for a FJ60, well it didn't. Turns out I really like the stickshift and round headlights. Anyway it is for sale here and I would make a good deal for a fellow Cascade Cruiser. I am open to a variety of trades, including a 60.

So I still have this cruiser. I got tired of dealing with all the clowns and said not for sale any more. It has mostly been sitting around while I was busy all summer. Now our house is for sale and it is a lot easier to move with a smaller heard. I will make a good deal for a cascade cruiser. It runs and drives great typical minor rust bubbles and pealing clear coat that you see on all these rigs. There is a small rust hole in the botom corner of the tailgate too. I fixed the e-brake and sanded down the hood and will hopefully paint and prime it sometime. I bought a full ironman suspension for it but havn't gotten around to installing it. To be honest I am working on my 80 and gx in my limited time in the shop. If no one buys it I may just put a winch and snow plow on it and tell my wife we need it for winter! I am very wiling to consider trades for a tundra, Suzuki Samurai, Polaris Ranger, or MR2 turbo.

Last edited:
I need some heater parts for a '74 FJ40 that I am restoring. Specifically, I need a rear heater and all of the copper heater pipes/hoses/jumctions running from the control valve thru the firewall and back to the rear heater. I am trying very hard to keep this restoration completely OEM. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I need some heater parts for a '74 FJ40 that I am restoring. Specifically, I need all of the copper heater pipes/hoses/jumctions running from the control valve thru the firewall and back to the rear heater. I am trying very hard to keep this restoration completely OEM. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I know that there is a couple heaters in the stuff we are selling for Darryl. Would you mind if I gave Mike your number to talk to you about them?

I ordered the wrong set of brake pads when I did my disc swap. Anybody interested in a set of Aisin/Advics brake pads for a late disc FJ40/55/60/62? Hoping to get the $37.50 I paid at Cruiser Outfitters. They’ll take them back, but I’d have to ship them. Hit me up. I can save them and bring them to the next club meeting or run.

D7A4FC34-0B1C-48F9-9D38-02B2EF8BF356.jpeg

I know that there is a couple heaters in the stuff we are selling for Darryl. Would you mind if I gave Mike your number to talk to you about them?

Yes Chad, by all means!
I will be happy to contribute more to Daryl's fundraiser by purchasing parts that I cn use. PM me if you do not have my number.

@C6H12O6 I don't have a pressing need but I'll take them for spares if nobody else wants them. Happy to pass on dibs if someone has an imminent brake job though.

Yes Chad, by all means!
I will be happy to contribute more to Daryl's fundraiser by purchasing parts that I cn use. PM me if you do not have my number.

Sounds good! I called Mike to let him know what was going on and sent him your contact info. Thanks Jack!

I have a Kenwood DDX-373BT Android and DVD head unit for sale. Works perfectly, just replaced it with a CarPlay unit. Comes with a mic and adapter harness for an 80 series. $100 or your offer – I could use a FJ62 air cleaner housing :)

Crutchfield page: Kenwood DDX373BT DVD receiver at Crutchfield

1181A364-EFF6-42FC-A25B-19BF1734CA3E.jpeg

75788D32-4556-4BCD-B7B1-FB65C167108C.jpeg

It is time to sell my 5/73 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. The body is straight, and the only rust is in the rear sill and a half inch hole where the factory fuel tank used to be. The rear quarters are comp cut and the front fenders have been cut as well. It has a Kayline soft top and BestTop 2-piece doors that do not leak.

The engine is a Chevy 350 4 bolt main with Holly Pro-Jection and a thumper cam. Transmission is a SM420 mated to a 203 low range box to a Land Cruiser “3-spd” transfer case. Front axle is a built Toyota 8” with 5.29 gears, no-slip locker, 30-spline RCV axle shafts with 300m inners, 300m hub gears, and high steer. Rear axle is Toyota 9.5” semi-float with 5.29 gears and a LocRite locker. Tires are 36” radial Iroks (50% tread) on steel “street lock” wheels.

Front suspension is OME HD Hilux front springs and Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. Rear suspension is Jeep Cherokee (XJ) leaf springs with Revolver shackles and Skyjacker shocks. All new wiring with weatherproof fuse block, fuel cell with sending unit, VDO gauges with GPS Speedo, MetalTech Jackson cage tied to the frame, Warn M8000 winch, MetalTech nose guard, modified factory heater / defrost, Saganaw power steering, and a bunch more that I’m forgetting.

Everything works and it is very reliable, but it was set up as a trail rig, so it was built with function over form. This 40 does drive amazing on the street. It doesn’t wander or have any death wobble. However, if you are planning on doing much highway driving, you may want to put a taller gear ratio in the axles. Asking $8500 or best offer and it comes with all my extra parts including Montero folding rear seats, GM tilt steering column, and new OEM Toyota parts.

DSC-0067.jpg

DSC-0068.jpg

DSC-0069.jpg

DSC-0071.jpg

DSC-0072.jpg

DSC-0073.jpg

DSC-0074.jpg

DSC-0076.jpg

DSC-0066.jpg

DSC-0059.jpg

DSC-0060.jpg

DSC-0064.jpg

DSC-0065.jpg

DSC-0061.jpg

DSC-0062.jpg

DSC-0063.jpg

20180921-115325.jpg

I need some heater parts for a '74 FJ40 that I am restoring. Specifically, I need a rear heater and all of the copper heater pipes/hoses/jumctions running from the control valve thru the firewall and back to the rear heater. I am trying very hard to keep this restoration completely OEM. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am still looking for rear heater parts and have not heard from Mike or anyone with info about Daryl's collection. There have got to be some rear heaters out there looking for a new home:grinpimp:

Anybody need stock ring/pinion for a FJ80? I have had them forever and got them via a trade, so I don't know anything about them. They were reported to be in good shape and both from front axles, though I would not trust that.

Cheers.

Any of y’all with property open to do firewood delivery? Doesn’t have to be kiln dried or anything, I have a dry shelter for it and it’s for recreational fire pit use. @Hojack ?

Any of y’all with property open to do firewood delivery? Doesn’t have to be kiln dried or anything, I have a dry shelter for it and it’s for recreational fire pit use. @Hojack ?
You need firewood???

I sure do. I don't have a trailer or a splitter though, which makes harvesting my own a challenge. I know I can get it from any number of folks on Craigslist but I'd rather give money to one of y'all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom