Carven Exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed the carven dump kit. really thinking about pulling by trigger with their 15% sale but a bit hesitant and was hoping someone had hands on experience with the exhaust to get a review

Has anyone installed the carven dump kit. really thinking about pulling by trigger with their 15% sale but a bit hesitant and was hoping someone had hands on experience with the exhaust to get a review
Sorry no experience with the brand. If I was betting man I would wager its going to be annoyingly loud. Especially on long trips.

Agreed, that's a tiny little muffler. It will be loud at almost and speed.

Agreed, that's a tiny little muffler. It will be loud at almost and speed.
This is true. My magnaflow I took off was less than half the size of the factory muffler and that drone is atrocious even with the factory resonator. Never again will I replace that muffler or remove the resonator.

Before "pulling the trigger" on that sale price, you may want to reconsider why you purchased a luxury, comfortable, quiet vehicle.
Personally I love all the creature comforts including the quiet ride of my GX.
Also, when we're wheeling down unknown trails, it's nice to hear nature and not the drone of my engine.

As documented in my build thread (and responses on other threads), it's very difficult to get an aftermarket exhaust on a GX that adds to the experience and does not detract from it (as @r2m and @MrTorgue have mentioned above). My Borla is pretty darn close, but it's required a lot of trial and error, including adding 2 resonators - and I still need to build one more to get rid of the 1,500-2,000 rpm minor drone. I am not aware of any off-the-shelf options that are truly drone-free.

Last edited:
As documented in my build thread (and responses on other threads), it's very difficult to get an aftermarket exhaust on a GX that adds to the experience and does not detract from it (as @r2m and @MrTorgue have mentioned above). My Borla is pretty darn close, but it's required a lot of trial and error, including adding 2 resonators - and I still need to build one more to get rid of the 1,500-2,000 rpm minor drone. I am not aware of any off-the-shelf options that are truly drone-free.
I would offer up the Dirty Deeds cat-backs as truly drone free.
Keith really know this motor…focuses mostly on Tundra’s (both 4.7 and 5.7), and he is DEEP into exhaust flow dynamics.
No cheap but I’ve been very satisfied for the 2 years I’ve had it, and the money is long forgotten.
If you can, call him. He’ll walk you through anything you are trying to achieve. Good dude.

I'm already way down the Helmholtz resonator rabbit hole :). A Dirty Deeds definitely would have been easier.

I'm already way down the Helmholtz resonator rabbit hole :). A Dirty Deeds definitely would have been easier.
Totally get that.
I only know of him because I was researching exhausts for my (now gone) first-gen Tundra.
I didn’t purchase then, but once I bought the ‘05 GX, I knew exactly what I wanted.
Anyhows, hope this offers another option for y’all

Totally get that.
I only know of him because I was researching exhausts for my (now gone) first-gen Tundra.
I didn’t purchase then, but once I bought the ‘05 GX, I knew exactly what I wanted.
Anyhows, hope this offers another option for y’all
Dirty Deeds doesn't make an option for the 460 though

• Sad
Reactions: r2m
My worry with the this exhaust is, from what I've seen it dumps the exhaust before the rear axle. That seems like a serious C02 risk. Exhaust needs to push gases outside of the body, whether that is side or rear exit.

My worry with the this exhaust is, from what I've seen it dumps the exhaust before the rear axle. That seems like a serious C02 risk. Exhaust needs to push gases outside of the body, whether that is side or rear exit.
I've deleted the resonator and dumped the exhaust out just past the muffler and off to the right (drivers side) a little. Never smell any exhaust in any situation:
  • Driving windows up or down
  • Sitting still idling windows up or down
  • Even with when sitting still, windows down with breezes blowing from any direction.
But you're right, I too had that same concern if I was going to be smelling CO2, but not an issue.

I plan on tucking up the resonator as much as possible and cut out the rear bumper after I trim it to dump the exhaust out past the bumper out on the side behind the wheel. I do not want a gas issue. I see some dust from dirt roads inside the panels in the rear so I know gases can get in there.

Reactions: r2m
I've deleted the resonator and dumped the exhaust out just past the muffler and off to the right (drivers side) a little. Never smell any exhaust in any situation:
  • Driving windows up or down
  • Sitting still idling windows up or down
  • Even with when sitting still, windows down with breezes blowing from any direction.
But you're right, I too had that same concern if I was going to be smelling CO2, but not an issue.
You can't smell CO2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom