Cargo Dome light "Door" position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3 -
If by plastic retainers you mean the socket(s) where the rods plug in, you spray them with a lubricant & pull straight out. My '84 only had one on the lock mechanism. The pushbutton just screws off.

Then, as I mentioned, the whole assembly slides to the passenger side after removing the 3 10mm-head bolts & the escutcheon plate. I removed the wiper motor assembly to get at the cable clips to pull the cable out the top of the hatch. Also had to take the headliner loose to get at the connectors up there.

The latch does not appear to be rebuildable. I couldn't even see the switch contacts after removing it, so I just soaked it with brake cleaner & blew it out. Checked it with an ohmmeter & it was working, so I put it back. Don't think I shot it with silicone as that attracts dirt.

I got mine to work without pulling it all the way out, I scuffed up the contact and crimped the female fitting, and it is working 80% of the time,

there is another pin on the switch at the light, could that be used to make this work with the grounding door pins?

also, it feels like there are gaps along that back part the light is attached to, as if you could put more lights there, but I dont want to go cutting my headliner to find out, I dont know if that would be useful or not, but I was wondering if anyone knew...

It's simple to get the headliner loose to check. Be careful, though, as it rips easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom