Carfax Accident Report on potential Buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious on your opinions, I have found a 2009 LX570 which appears to be in fantastic condition based on the photos, It has 85K miles and the price is 36K. According to the basic information on the carfax report it was not major damage and appears the repair work was done by the dealerships associated body shop. Should I steer clear? It appears to be a good deal and the title is still clear, no salvage or rebuilt issue. Its a single owner, and all the maintenance was done at Lexus dealership, one or two of the service entries are a bit over recommended but all done. I am in Maine, the vehicle is 1400 miles away so I dont really have anyway to look at it unless I commit to purchase it and travel to retrieve it.

thanks for any input and what to look for.

It depends.

I would want to find out exactly what damage occurred, what parts were replaced, what kind of warranty does the work have, etc. My wife's old Escape got hit when it was parked out in the street. The dealer took care of everything, and the work was professional. Were not talking major damage either. Needless to say, the car was never right again, and parts began to constantly fail again and again after it was fixed. I eventually just unloaded it as fast as I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom