Feedback on a potential purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I need some help. I'm looking at this: https://www.njstateauto.com/vehicle...xus-lx-570-4wd-4dr-jersey-city-nj-id-18203568

What I've found:
  • It's been in an accident (minor/med per carfax)
  • Lexus service records up till 30k miles (it has 90k now)
  • The undercarriage appears to be rust-free
  • Per Carfax, it's been at the used lot for almost 2 years.
  • Dealer wants $3k in "prep" which they say includes the work done there on brakes and AHC (attached).
  • There is a crack in the windshield that they want to replace, but sounds like I should have lexus do it so they can calibrate for safety tech.
  • Used lot wouldn't let me bring it to a mechanic "for insurance reasons" and required me to have a mobile mechanic go to them. He said in general it looks good.
So all that said... would you pursue? They don't seem to want to move much on price and with the fees it's coming up to $36k which based on the condition feels like way too much.

Would love any insights and opinions!

AHC.jpeg

brakes.jpeg

undercarriage1.jpeg

undercarriage2.jpeg

under2.jpeg

No rust yet ahc (suspension lines) were replaced? That does not make sense. Typically, rusts away the suspension line then it leaks.

That has to be the cleanest New England undercarriage I’ve ever seen. I wouldn’t worry too much about how they get to their price (re: dealer prep fee) as that’s pretty meaningless. The difficult PPI is a bit shady, but I don’t think the price is too far out for a sub 100k miles 13-15 gen LX With accident history. There is a current thread with a guy shopping out of Houston. If this vehicle was in this list, it would be 34-37k.

First, it’s not rust free. There are some very crusty places and rust was probably the AHC issue.

This is a quote from the description, so they are padding the profit with their prep fee:

“"Price includes all costs to be paid by the consumer, except for licensing costs, registration fees, $575 Documentation Fee, DPF and taxes.”.

If it was me, I’d want to know more about the 2 years at the used car dealer.

And I don’t buy vehicles with moderate accident damage unless I know the details.

The inspection issue is a turnoff for me, but not everyone would have that same hesitation. I don't have ACH, so I can't really comment on how confident you should be in having a mechanic at a used lot replace the components, but again, potential flag.

Are there any service records from the 30k to 90k mile mark? I'd also want to learn more about the accident - what was damaged, replaced, who did the work, etc.

The inspection issue is a turnoff for me, but not everyone would have that same hesitation. I don't have ACH, so I can't really comment on how confident you should be in having a mechanic at a used lot replace the components, but again, potential flag.

Are there any service records from the 30k to 90k mile mark? I'd also want to learn more about the accident - what was damaged, replaced, who did the work, etc.
Unfortunately 0 service records after the 30k mile mark. Unless they can be found somewhere other than the Lexus site?

2 yrs unsold jumps out as a big question mark, unless the owner of the dealership has kept it as a personal vehicle, used it as a loaner, etc.,…

There have likely been quite a few folks who’ve likely vetted yet not bought this vehicle—which doesn’t pass my gut instinct test.

I’d be cautious at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom