Card reader or card slot? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the cluster of buttons to the left of the steering wheel there is what appears to be a slot to insert a magnetic stripe card, like a credit card. The quick reference guide does not say what it is and I couldn't find a reference to it in the owner's manual. Does this slot have a function or is it just a place to store your drivers license?

Thanks!

Thanks!

I googled ECT Card Reader and I think it actually an ETC card reader, Electronic Toll Collection. It would be a nice feature in states with lots of toll roads. Basically, if I'm on track, you insert your chipped credit card or toll road account card into the slot, and when you drive through toll booths it automatically charges the account associated with whatever card is in the slot. Cool!

The ETC in-vehicle device - ETC portal site

In our cars it is just slot for a card of some sort but the electronics are not there, right?

Got it. In the US that space is filled by something that looks like a card reader but is really just a plastic spot to store business cards, parking lot ticket or whatever.

A spot to store a card is better than a blank delete plate I guess.

It's too bad that it's so small - I was trying to find a trailer brake controller that would fit in that spot, but to no avail.

My gate card for the gun range entry point is stored there and our Yellowstone NP season pass is in the visor card keeper.

I use it for my parking card for the parking garage at my office.

Can someone share a pic of this slot?

Can someone share a pic of this slot?

Just below the buttons (ignore the red arrows):

LCDashDimmer_06OCT17_zps54ltuoa3.jpg

ControlButtons_12AUG17_zpsdp9mqqtp.jpg

HTH

Must be a L/C option; Lexus doesn't have it.

I'm jealous.

It's too bad that it's so small - I was trying to find a trailer brake controller that would fit in that spot, but to no avail.

I'm sure that I saw someone installed a brake controller in this spot, I can't seem to find the thread now but I ran across it when I was looking at brake controller options in my 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom