Carb interchangeability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 67 40 and it's got a man-a-fre rochester carb now and I'm wanting to go back to stock. Mudder here has a 72 for sale and I'm wondering if it is the same as what would have been on mine in 67? All I know is it has 4 mounting holes like my intake but other than that I'm clueless

So basically, will a 72 hook up to my 67?

Last edited:
Up through '68 F carbs were 1 barrel. 2 barrel started in '69, and by '72 was a different 2 barrel design. But post up a picture of your intake manifold, someone who knows the details better will probably be able to help.

The 67 had a one barrel intake stock with a one barrel carburator. This would be a F135 engine. A 72 would have a two barrel intake (F155) and two barrel carburator. Unless you have the rare two barrel F135 intake it's not a direct bolt on. Or unless you no longer have the stock engine then would need more information.

It's the F135 so I'm sure it's the 1 barrel from the way y'all talk. Guess that's not going to work then.

it will work.

The late 67 engine has a 2-bbl intake manifold with a 1bbl adapter on the manifold.

To convert to the 70-72 F 2-bbl carb, the following 70-72 parts are needed:
-carb insulator/spacer
-throttle cable
-aircleaner
-carb
-misc fasteners

It's a bolt-on deal.
:cheers:

The late 67 engine has a 2-bbl intake manifold with a 1bbl adapter on the manifold.

To convert to the 70-72 F 2-bbl carb, the following 70-72 parts are needed:
-carb insulator/spacer
-throttle cable
-aircleaner
-carb
-misc fasteners

It's a bolt-on deal.
:cheers:

X2 what Jim said my 45 was the same way. there will be 4 nuts remove them and the carb and adapter will come off you will notice the adapter has to studs or bolts coming up thru the center offset that bolts the adapter to the carb. And if you sell the 1barrel you can recoup some of your expences going with the 2 barrel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom