Carb Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

Been reading the forum for a while and finally making my first post. I have an 82 FJ60 and am in need of a little smog help here in Cali.

I've replaced/repaired quite a few things over the past 2 years and finally had time again to start working on the Cruiser.

Spent last night going through all the vacuum lines and making sure they are routed correctly. I replaced the Carb, but this diaphragm wasn't on the carb I took off.

Hoping you guys can tell me the purpose and what it is supposed to be hooked up to. Not a pic of mine found it on the net.

Appreciate all the help and knowledge here!

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 9.53.36 AM.png

That is the AC idle up diaphragm. The hose connects to a solenoid on the driver fender. There is a second hose on the solenoid that runs to the secondary barb of the finned brake booster connection on the intake manifold (you can see the hose running back behind the carb in that picture).

That is the AC idle up diaphragm. The hose connects to a solenoid on the driver fender. There is a second hose on the solenoid that runs to the secondary barb of the finned brake booster connection on the intake manifold (you can see the hose running back behind the carb in that picture).
Thank you!

Technically, the AC idle up is not part of the smog equipment, but it is necessary for the AC to work (properly). Here is a more complete diagram of the vacuum routing. The orientation of the hoses on the valve is important and when the valve is turned off, the port connected to the diaphragm is vented to atmosphere. The vacuum source is the same fitting that provides vacuum to the brake booster. It is screwed into the intake manifold close to the firewall.

1593714785139.png

Technically, the AC idle up is not part of the smog equipment, but it is necessary for the AC to work (properly). Here is a more complete diagram of the vacuum routing. The orientation of the hoses on the valve is important and when the valve is turned off, the port connected to the diaphragm is vented to atmosphere. The vacuum source is the same fitting that provides vacuum to the brake booster. It is screwed into the intake manifold close to the firewall.

View attachment 2359531
Awesome. Yeah, I didn't want to fail the visual as I had no clue what it was for. Appreciate all your guys' feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom