Carb Compatability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I started doing some research, but wasn't 100% sure on the results.

I'm looking to buy a rebuilt carb for my 84 FJ60. I found a Aisan carb for an FJ40 w/ a 2F engine.

I've figured out that Aisan carbs are the stock ones and that many people prefer stock carbs.

But I haven't figured out whether or not this will work with my truck with no problems. Were there any variations in 2F carbs through the years?

Hopefully I'll be getting a model number soon so that can give a better idea.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I just found out the part number is 21100-61142. So that seems consistent with the info I've found.

VSG,
Any us spec 81-87 carb will work on your truck. All of the Aisan 38/40's are similar, but the 81-87 are all interchangeable.

I understand that if you will send your current carb to Jim he will rebuild it better than new. Its an option if you currently have a carb instead of finding a rebuilt one.

By the way, Jim, I did send you a PM a day or two ago.

I may be willing to spend some more money on a carb rebuilt by you considering pretty much everyone around has great things to say about you.

Jim, yes your right(you are da guru :)..... sorta, 81-87 fj60 carbs will all be the same(I assume they all had AC idle up, but some early 60's may not have, some had York AC), a 81-3 fj40 carb is the same as 81-87 FJ60 but might not have the AC idle up that I assume all fj60 carbs have. Only 81-83 carb that were sold with OEM AC installed will be the same as 81-87 fj60.

you can of course use the fj60 carb on a fj40 without AC and this is what I have. but if using a 81-83 fj40 carb on a fj60 you might have to rob the AC idle up stuff off the old fj60 carb

correct me if I am wrong.

VSG,
Any us spec 81-87 carb will work on your truck. All of the Aisan 38/40's are similar, but the 81-87 are all interchangeable.

Yes pimp, the AC idle up parts are swappable from carb to carb.
No, not all FJ60 carbs/trucks are equipped w/ the idle up. They are only on trucks w/ factory or OEM dealer AC.
Either way, the AC linkage is easily moved from one carb to another if necessary.

what did the early 60's use for AC idle up if they had the York AC or non OEM AC installed?

and please....I wasn't saying you were wrong, just expanding on your info :)

Yes pimp, the AC idle up parts are swappable from carb to carb.
No, not all FJ60 carbs/trucks are equipped w/ the idle up. They are only on trucks w/ factory or OEM dealer AC.
Either way, the AC linkage is easily moved from one carb to another if necessary.

what did the early 60's use for AC idle up if they had the York AC or non OEM AC installed?

They didn't. I guess the installers just turned up the idle speed a little.

I added the AC idle up and solenoid to my 83 FJ60 w/ aftermarkt AC to improve cooling at idle. Didn't work at improving cooling, but it did idle up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom