CAN'T REMOVE THE DISTRIBUTOR FROM MY 2F?  WHY? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G

I have removed the clamp bolts but can not pull the distrubutor out? What would cause this? Any how tos?

Re: CAN'T REMOVE THE DISTRIBUTOR FROM MY 2F?  WHY?

The cause? It's been in a long time and it's happy where it is.

The solution? Time, patience, and a BFH. Seriously, you just have to work at it. i wouldn't recommend prying at anypoint, but you do what you need to do, adn it'll come out.

Rob

Bikeislife:

Don't panic, man ... which bolt did you remove? If I remember correctly, there is a bolt that threads into the block. It may be difficult to find if the engine is dirty. The bolt that fastens the clamp will not allow you to remove the distributor. I'm not suggesting that you have not removed the correct fastener; however, I have never had difficulty removing a distributor from a 2f.

If all else fails ... do as I did .... go diesel.

Just out of curiousity, did you rotate the engine to top dead center on the number one cylinder? If not, then try it and see if it will come out.

TDC shouldnt matter, it might just take some working on it and the stuff other people said. &nbsp:Dont worry it will eventually come out!

I have the same problem with my 2f. It's a late model ('82) and only has one bolt holding it fast. It simply won't come out (or turn making timing adjustment a n issue). Anywway, I plan to continue with the oil some more, but if that fails, I'll probably yank the oil an and lightly tap it out from the bottom with a thin punch or dowel.

hth,AS :D

Mine don't come out either...tried to adjust the timing this weekend. We were thinking of heating up the engine block with a torch and then using penatrating oil.....or my new 3 pound BFH:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom