Can't copy or save posted pics..since the forum upgrade? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
From time to time I will see something useful (pic or screen shot) in someones post and want to save it. Since the upgrade anytime I attempt to 'save' a picture...it only comes across as an HTML. Anyone else having that issue?

Testing

IMG_20190216_134150.jpg

Odd. I can save pics from other sites....just not here. Have no other option to 'save' except HTML. Never had an issue before the face lift. Hope I can figure it out...this is my favorite place to gather information.

Thanks.

Edit: Just tried it again. For some reason when I try to select to the picture/other it is picking the 'Thread' itself and not the item I have selected. Strange. Doesn't do that on other sites?

Strange. Continue to have the problem only here.

JPEG.jpg

Right click, save image....took me no time at all to grab the image you just uploaded. Same procedure I've used forever.

Right click, save image....took me no time at all to grab the image you just uploaded. Same procedure I've used forever.

Yes Sir, exactly the way I have saved images here in the past. My software is probably a little different. When I right click I am prompted to 'Save as' and in this case there are no choices to save as JPEG...etc, only the defaults I posted. So what is being saved is the entire thread address.

What has me baffled is that I don't have this issue on any other site. I'm not questioning whether or not you can copy images, just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem that you have heard of.

Thank you for your reply as I try to figure this out.

OK I think I found a work-around. Apparently my old software (Windows 7 premium) doesn't want to play nice with the facelift here. So instead of being able to directly right click on an image in a post, I have to left click (select) the photo which then comes up in a separate view and I CAN save that.

Wheeeew! Just another step to make it work here.
But now I can continue to add to my information folders. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom