Canadians: Where do you buy your parts? (1 Viewer)

Website
www.dudeman.ca
Website
www.archeophotography.com
Hi Rig of Mortis

Basically I'm looking for Canadian based companies that specialize in Land Cruisers. (If there is such a thing)

I'm looking for parts in general. That can be add-ons like bull bars or just plain parts like waterpumps, springs, shocks etc.

My local Toyota dealership (100kms away) is so incompetent, they can't even order me a Repair manual. They have never seen a Land Cruiser before, let alone worked on one. So I have to see what other sources I can locate without paying outrageous duty and brokerage fees everytime I have to order someting.

Thanks for the links. The first one is nice, that's the stuff I'm looking for. Second link: I'm sure Australia has a good selection of dealers, but shipping and duty kills the deal.

The third link doesn't work.

Rig of Mortis said:
Would you care to elaborate on which part to which you are refering.

Or you could always try these quality links:

http://www.gozzardcomposites.com/
http://www.4x4parts.com.au/
http://www.4wheelauto.com/

Website
Sure it is easy to ship from US to Canada.

However, the shipping, duty and brokerage fee can be a little discouraging.

Luckily the Canadian dollar is doing well....

What happened to the free trade agreement?

Cheers

Website
www.dudeman.ca
Herbert said:
Thanks for the links. The first one is nice, that's the stuff I'm looking for. Second link: I'm sure Australia has a good selection of dealers, but shipping and duty kills the deal.

The third link doesn't work.

Try the third link again, as it's working now.

Regarding ordering from Australia, things aren't as bad as one might think, but for something like a water pump, I would consider going locally (Toyota Stealership).

As far as big ticket items like suspension, you tend to get what you pay for... if you buy cheap, that item isn't really checked off you list of goodies, it will resurface a little while down the road and you'll have to drop more loot.

...On that note, find a local reputable spring shop and have some custom springs made up or (and this is what you should do) buy a quality suspension kit which has been designed for you specific vehicle, I had a friend who lived in Nova Scotia not unlike yourself and ordered the Old Man Emu 2.5" Heavy duty suspension kit from Australia - I have never ridden in a smoother BJ60 to this day!

Good luck and keep us posted.

I really like 4 wheel auto...they always know what I'm talking about, shipping is cheap, and they'll go out of their way if you're in a bind.

Cheers
Geoff

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
For generic part like filter, drum, shoes, shock... I go to NAPA

Some other part can be rebuild near your home like rad, gear box, fuel tank, oil pan...

The best think to do is to post a thread at the time you will need a specific part and canadian cruiserhead like us will tell you the best place to buy.

Hope that help.

Salut

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world

crustyBJ60

SILVER Star
i know for a fact you'll pay too much @ 4wheelauto. i have been shopping around for years and it has been my experience that it's a "blend " of vendors that you will find the best deals.

if you are looking for a "one stop shop" in canada, you'll have to pay for it. and it won't be cheap.

local shops (cambodian tire, napa etc..) you can get good parts cheap, if your local stealership sucks ass, order parts from another one and have them ship to you. some parts (oil seals, water pumps) toyota is your best bet.

if you are looking for aftermarket gears, lockers, bumpers etc... US vendors have got it cheap. search! search! search! i can't stress this enough. you will find the best combination that works for you. there are good (and s***ty) vendors on both sides of the 49th.

if i had to recomend a place to buy stuff kurt@cruiseroutfitters is your man.:grinpimp:

don't be afraid of shipping and duty, do the math... you'll be suprised

hth's

crusty

I once had C-Dan ship me a part in Vancouver while on a long road trip. I don't think the add-on import taxes made the part extra expensive and the customs people at FedEx were REALLY nice and helpful...

where in NS are you? I am in Dartmouth.

Daryl

Website
Thanks for all the tips, guys!

Hi Daryl,

I'm from Annapolis Royal. Are you the guy that converted his FJ62 to a 3B engine? Stefan B. told me on another list about you. I want to do the same to my 62 next fall. Would love to see your rig sometime...

fjbj40 said:
where in NS are you? I am in Dartmouth.

Daryl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom