Can you temporarily disable ABS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long story short I messed up the abs tone ring trying to press it back on the rear axle shaft when I was replacing my bearing/seals, tried tack welding it to the retainer ring but that has failed.

Waiting for the new ring to come in Id like to disable my abs, ive pulled all the fuses and now the brake pedal isnt going crazy but there is a beep coming from under the dash somewhere. Did I pull to many fuses? Is there just one or a couple I can pull to where this wont happen or even just disable to the beep?

Any help is much appreciated.

The beep is there to warn you of a serious brake issue. You probably have pulled too many fuses.

I was looking to make a button to disable my ABS like when you turn the RR diff lock know.
I believe you can disable abs this way by supplying low signal to EXI2 pin of ABS computer, but you'll have to double check the FSM to be sure.

In your case where you have a problem with only one corner of the car, I think you should be fine by unplugging that ABS sensor temporarily.

Put all the fuses back, and just unplug one of the front (or rear) wheel sensors. Without the input from one of the wheels, you'll see ABS light up on the dashboard telling you it's been disabled.

Edit: didn't read all of @YvesNL's response. Durr, just repeating stuff unnecessarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom