Can we talk about the slow cut valve? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

devo

SILVER Star
Threads
From what I can find out the slow cut valve was on the Asian carb after 1980 and on ? It was there to satisfy smog regulations? Mostly seen on late 40’s and all 60’s with the 2F.
What is it really there for? Does it give a fuel boost when the secondary opens or does it cut fuel off? I really can’t figure it out! Does it give a little pep to the engine when the secondary opens Like a little accelerator pump?
Lots of threads about it leaking and mods to eliminate it. If it is not leaking do you leave it alone or do you eliminate it because it doesn’t matter? How important is it to retain? It’s not rebuildable and it’s NLA. If your de-smoged do you need it?

I know, lots of rambling questions but I’m just trying to find out if that gizmo is beneficial to the carburetors performance.

thanks

devo

From what I can find out the slow cut valve was on the Asian carb after 1980 and on ? It was there to satisfy smog regulations? Mostly seen on late 40’s and all 60’s with the 2F.
What is it really there for? Does it give a fuel boost when the secondary opens or does it cut fuel off? I really can’t figure it out! Does it give a little pep to the engine when the secondary opens Like a little accelerator pump?
Lots of threads about it leaking and mods to eliminate it. If it is not leaking do you leave it alone or do you eliminate it because it doesn’t matter? How important is it to retain? It’s not rebuildable and it’s NLA. If your de-smoged do you need it?

I know, lots of rambling questions but I’m just trying to find out if that gizmo is beneficial to the carburetors performance.

thanks

devo

this is a GOOD SOLID TECH. question Uncle BOB ,

i suggest we harness in the help of a Expert here ,.........

whom i consider to be the foremost
" Rocket Scientist " on this particular topic @Spike Strip ..... :)

Alf can spot a Leaky SLOW-CUT-Valve a mile away , and nothing tears him up more then a torn or dry-rotted SLOW-CUT Valve boot !

1665385791018.png

1665385438460.png

1665385455154.png

1665385626615.jpeg

1665385727697.png

1665385758284.png

Since posting this slow cut blabber the other night I have stayed up late searching MUD and the google looking for answers. Low and behold I found several. I have a better understanding of what it does and how it works. Post from as far back as 2007 talked about the slow cut issues. Famous people like JimC and Pin-Head lent their 2 cents on the issue.
So, mine does not leak and on examination works as it is supposed to. I now know the procedure to by pass it if it gets to that point?
All I really wanted to do is change out my torn cut valve boot! That’s what started all of this in the first place.

Thanks for chiming in Matthew, head skunk at @ToyotaMatt ’s LandCriuser parts warehouse. I appreciate it. Out of 198 views you are my only responce!

devo

I just like looking at the pretty, pretty carbs, thanks for the Monday morning cheer, carry on.

Since posting this slow cut blabber the other night I have stayed up late searching MUD and the google looking for answers. Low and behold I found several. I have a better understanding of what it does and how it works. Post from as far back as 2007 talked about the slow cut issues. Famous people like JimC and Pin-Head lent their 2 cents on the issue.
So, mine does not leak and on examination works as it is supposed to. I now know the procedure to by pass it if it gets to that point?
All I really wanted to do is change out my torn cut valve boot! That’s what started all of this in the first place.

Thanks for chiming in Matthew, head skunk at @ToyotaMatt ’s LandCriuser parts warehouse. I appreciate it. Out of 198 views you are my only responce!

devo

- that's because you are and always will always be my ONLY MUD Uncle BOB ! :cool:

1665463092440.png

1665463121709.png

1665463132060.png

1665463144349.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom