Can we get just the new seal for oil filler cap and PS fluid cap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everybody used to have a rubber gasket under each cap, you now have hard plastic and leaks.

The PS cap really does leak when you drive and turn the wheel. Lil' bit at a time; over time.

Buy new caps or rubber gaskets. Done (for now).

Replaced the oil cap gasket. The old one looked and felt like it was part of the cap. It was rock solid. I had to use a hammer and flathead screwdriver to get it out. New one felt nice when I tightened it up for the first time.

CAE1C982-DD3C-4EC9-9C50-18E1FD201B6B.jpeg

5837A484-7E60-4F65-816F-0DB193A9E160.jpeg

69458A8B-DBDC-42F3-9FB2-0372B3DEB19A.jpeg

Just installed a new 1FZFE oil cap gasket (90430-37140) today, ordered from my local US Toyota dealer. The old gasket was hard, crumbling at the edges, shrunk, and not sealing well. When I unscrewed the cap the old gasket stayed behind stuck on the valve cover.

See photo below:

Left-old gasket, center-new gasket, right-new gasket installed into 1FZFE oil cap

1FZFE Land Cruiser OIl cap gasket  90430-37140.png

Last edited:
Not even a good fake, at that. label looks like a paper sticker. Amazon and ebay are full of crap like this.

Adding this genuine sticker for comparison to the fleabay sticker above. Recently ordered a few of these screws from my local Toyota dealer (they attach the window lift motor to the regulator). FWIW

I wouldn't have noticed the difference unless OGBeno had pointed it out.
Font, print quality, and the code with a letter, all as he said, are different
in the fleabay part sticker.

Trivia: note where the hex screw was made.

FZJ80 Hex screw motor to regulator 90080-14057 Land Cruiser.png

Last edited:
It’s a fugazi.

The font is not Toyota font and the date code is absolutely incorrect. A 4-digit date code would have a letter in it.
Yeah it looked pretty bad when I opened the package. I already requested a refund. But since it’s only a rubber seal, I put it on and am not worried about it.
Not even a good fake, at that. label looks like a paper sticker. Amazon and ebay are full of crap like this.
It was like a home printed label. Garbage for sure.

Fugazi? Great band.

Yeah it looked pretty bad when I opened the package. I already requested a refund. But since it’s only a rubber seal, I put it on and am not worried about it.

It was like a home printed label. Garbage for sure.
So tho...does it fit and work as expected (for now)?
It is, afterall, an o-ring.

So tho...does it fit and work as expected (for now)?
It is, afterall, an o-ring.
Works just fine. It’s a seal. I’m not worried about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom