Can some one help me with the math.....backspacing !!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m currently running a set of steel 15x7s with 3.50 backspacing and 1” spacers. I’d like to have a custom set of 15x8 steel wheels built so I can remove remove the spacers. I want to mimic my current setup so my tires extend outside the fender exactly as they are now.

With a 15x8 , what backspacing would I need to match a 15x7 with 3.50 BS and a 1” spacer?

thanks for any help As these dang backspacing and offset are damn confusing !!! : )

every time I need to check some wheels out, I need to look up the definitions of backspacing and offset online. I sort of remember them but want to make sure anyway. So I might as well not even try to remember them. So I don't. Anyway, look up the schematic, do a little drawing, add or subtract and Bob's your uncle...

I can try that but lord knows what I’ll end up with !!! 🙃

3.5” BS on 8” rim should give you the same position. They will
look better with better ‘dish‘ presentation
Question: If you bolt on the wheel you have without the spacer, does it clear the tie rod end?

Thank you... that’s what my math came up with!!! Yes... the clear rods but didn’t have a great stance..... hence the 1” spacers that really helped.

I ordered new custom rims as these are original Colombian wheels and are out of wack and I can’t get them to balance that great.

thanks for confirming that for me

What wheels are you getting? I’m running 17x9 Stealth Custom F5’s with 3.5” BS.
Have you got flares?

You should be asking what offset you need on the new wheels to maintain the 2.5“ BS you currently have with 3.5“ BS and the 1” spacer. Seems like it will be -50 which is crazy.....to me anyways. Very deep dish like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom