Can of touch-up paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For a variety of things, I’d like to get a small can of touch up paint. I can’t recall for sure, but it seems the pens from the dealership are kind of puny. I’d like to open the drains in the pinch welds, and some other nicks here & there.

Is there source that can mix from a paint code, and make a small can of paint ? Is this something the local body shop supplier can usually do ?

Check around for a local Auto Paint store. Most cities have a few that supply auto body shops with paint and supplies.

In my area they can mix up a two ounce bottle of touch-up paint (enamel),with a brush attached to the inside of the cap, much more paint than what's in the small touch up pens. They also can order an aerosol can of the correct color paint code (located on the driver's door sticker).
FWIW

I have had pretty good luck with these guys:

The problem with aerosol is you get a can 10% filled with paint and 90% filled with propellant, if you're lucky to get that much paint. Any paint supply shop can mix the paint for your color code, the codes for various colors are in the Resources section. Get them to mix up a couple of ounces and get one of the Preval bottles. My Ace hardware sells them, too.
1663332135951.png

When ordering spray cans from places like AutomotiveTouchup.com make sure you know if you are getting two-stage or single stage paint and which is appropriate for what you want to achieve. Most of the touchup paint providers that I have looked into only supply two stage paints which will require a clear topcoat. AutomotiveTouchup.com specifically could not provide 045 white in single stage when I contacted them about it.

Two stage painting processes match the original painting process for all 80 colors except 045 white and black as I understand it. If you want to touch up 045 white or black you may prefer single stage. For some smaller touchup work it can also be easier to apply / sand / blend single stage paint and not worry about clear coat, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom