can i get some pics please... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
if im correct, most people run 37s on a 6" lift right? what if you ran 35s instead so you get better articulation because a 35 wont rub as much as a 37. but would it look funny running 35s on a 6" lift? i was hoping to get some pics of rigs running 37s and 35s on 6" lift

by the way, is there such thing as 5" lift springs? i know slee offers 4" lift springs but dont they recomend having a minimum 5" lift if your planning to run 35s?

Last edited:
315's with the 6" lift and looks great IMO....however, it looks better in person than in pics.

47b5ce29b3127cce9428879e331a00000026108BZsmrlm4bq

Here you go,

35's
fj8035s.jpg

37's
fj8037s.jpg

IMHO 37's look better.

take a look at the current ROTW -- MTNRAT has a 6" lift and 35s

In retrospect I wish I would have gone with a 6"---instead of 3" although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't in my garage--something to think about. The Black Lexus looks great. Remember you will probably want to regear.

thanx guys. how does a 6" lift ride on the road? does it feel tipsy at all?

Much better than the J's on the rode...the spring rates are perfect IMO

7.jpg

Slee's 6" was very complete, haven't had any rubbing problems with my 37's.

forcedinductionz said:
7.jpg

Slee's 6" was very complete, haven't had any rubbing problems with my 37's.

Hey, I saw your rig the other day on Electric near Whatcom park, nice looking truck!
:cheers:

315's with Slee's 6" lift

Last edited:
Cyrus,

Your choice comes down to what looks good to you.

On the practicle side, 35's will be easier for your engine to turn and easier on the gas in the city than 37's. However, 35's or 37's, I think will still need regearing if you're going to keep that gas guzzler fun to drive. Also, if you think you're going to get some rubbing on your lift, get a bigger lift or smaller tires. Rubbing is never good, just a mistake that we sometimes have to live with.

Finally, the quality of your ride after the lift is pretty much dependent upon the quality of the lift kit you put in it. You're pretty much on your own here unless you can find someone with the same lift kit and persuade him to let you take a ride in his 80.

Kalawang

sleeoffroad said:
Man that is a lot of light :D Gonna shoot some rats at the dump? :D
:eek:
wow! no kidding!

CYRUS said:
thanx guys. how does a 6" lift ride on the road? does it feel tipsy at all?
I'd say it rides better with the lift, not as harsh.

Definitely does not feel tipsy on the road. I go aroun corners that are marked 40mph at 70. Anyone riding with me is impressed on how level it corners. After they uncurl their whit knukles :))).
Also checkout my ROTW. I have some picks of what I pull with it. Far more stable with the 6" springs than any of the others I have tried.
Cheers,
Sean

damn you guys all have nice rigs... cant wait till next year so i can get my '91 HDJ81VX. 15 year law sucks....

forcedinductionz, thats a sick rig. nice shoes on it too. do you use that same shoe on the road? i had boggers on my 4runner too and it only lasted me 10 months. did you have anything else on that lift aside from the slee 6" lift kit?

MSGGrunt, thats a whole lottah light... looks good though bro...

Kalawang, pare kamusta na... diesel naman ang kukunin ko kaya mastipid sa consumption for sure. sa gear part, 4.88 ang plano ko. 5.29 iyung sa 4runner ko ngayon na may 35, lakas sa gas pagdating sa freeway. well sa ngayon wala akong masubukan na masakyan na LC na may 6" lift kasi karamihin ng mga tao dito 4runner or pick up lang ang gamit. so in short i'll be one of the first ones here to have that much lift and another guy in abbotsford if im correct.

MTNRAT, yeah i was reading your ROTW this morning. good looking rig by the way...

by the way, anyone has a pic with 36s on 6" lift?

Cyrus,

Good luck on getting a good deisel. Try to make sure you at least have a turbo. Deisel isn't a whole lot of fun without a turbo. If you get something stock like mine, 35's should have a very minimal loss and barely perceptable. In gas it's very visible.

Kalawang

Kalawang said:
Cyrus,

Good luck on getting a good deisel. Try to make sure you at least have a turbo. Deisel isn't a whole lot of fun without a turbo. If you get something stock like mine, 35's should have a very minimal loss and barely perceptable. In gas it's very visible.

Kalawang

do you have any pics of your rig?

CYRUS said:
forcedinductionz, thats a sick rig. nice shoes on it too. do you use that same shoe on the road? i had boggers on my 4runner too and it only lasted me 10 months. did you have anything else on that lift aside from the slee 6" lift kit?

5.29's (shaved), Part time case mod, Lock right front axle, Powertrax rear. Sliders rear bumper next.. Running boggers on the street for now, picked up a turbo 86 yota 4wd pickup. Going to make that a DD, make the LC a weekend toy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom