Can A Sequoia Be An Off Roader? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but here's my '01 Sequoia. I take it off road all the time - nothing crazy, but it goes everywhere I used to take my CJ7. I was going to buy a new Rubicon 4 door, but for $44k, I decided that my narrower and shorter wheelbase Sequoia will do just fine. My winch gets me out of anything I shouldn't have tried, and so far it's done just fine. Toytech lift, BFG KM2's, Weld on Rock Sliders, home crafted winch mount, LINE-X on the stock bumpers and fender flares, and an electric speed controller to correct the shift rpm wit the 33"s. The only downfall to the Sequoia is lack of aftermarket parts, and the week front diff, and the fact it's a bit tall
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but here's my '01 Sequoia. I take it off road all the time - nothing crazy, but it goes everywhere I used to take my CJ7. I was going to buy a new Rubicon 4 door, but for $44k, I decided that with just 2" longer wheelbase and 3" wider my Sequoia will do just fine. My winch gets me out of anything I shouldn't have tried, and so far it's done just fine. Toytech lift, BFG KM2's, Weld on Rock Sliders, home crafted winch mount, LINE-X on the stock bumpers and fender flares, and an electric speed controller to correct the shift rpm wit the 33"s. The only downfall to the Sequoia is lack of aftermarket parts, and the week front diff, and the fact it's a bit tall.

Look what just showed up on my local Craigslist

2001 SAS TOYOTA SEQUOIA FOR SALE - $15000 (Tucson)
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5052011635.html
00N0N_cW0eQq5eBJp_600x450.jpg

any idea if the second gen has atrac ?

I have a 2013 Sequoia Limited 4WD and still pretty confused about the A TRAC. Is the A TRAC is same as Auto LSD ? If not how to engage and dis-engage A-TRAC. I tried using the VSC switch for a second or 3 second hold down and all it shuffles between VSC, TRAC and AUTO LSD.

or did i get totally wrong about the A-TRAC ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom