Camshaft seal issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm doing the timing belt and water pump for a 1hzj80r and the camshaft seal that was supplied does not fit perfectly in the housing. Is this an issue or will it warm to the correct size?

Photos attached

Thanks, Tim

20240424_125237.jpg

20240424_125248.jpg

20240424_125233.jpg

20240424_125247.jpg

It will NOT 'warm' to fit the housing.

If you didn't have to drive/tap it into place (interference fit) then it is incorrect for your application.

It will NOT 'warm' to fit the housing.

If you didn't have to drive/tap it into place (interference fit) then it is incorrect for your application.
So the housing for it has a slight recess that is bigger then the location for the crankshaft seal. Once i turned it over it was exactly as you mentioned. I've scoured through my repair manual however i'm having trouble understanding which way the thee seals (cam seal, crankshaft seal, and injector pump seal) are installed. I left too much time between removing the old and installing the new ones and can not remember the correct orientation of the seals. Could you shed any light on it?

So the housing for it has a slight recess that is bigger then the location for the crankshaft seal. Once i turned it over it was exactly as you mentioned. I've scoured through my repair manual however i'm having trouble understanding which way the thee seals (cam seal, crankshaft seal, and injector pump seal) are installed. I left too much time between removing the old and installing the new ones and can not remember the correct orientation of the seals. Could you shed any light on it?
in your picture it's installed backwards. will not warm to the correct size needs to be tapped in. NOK or genuine seals are best.

in your picture it's installed backwards. will not warm to the correct size needs to be tapped in. NOK or genuine seals are best.
Thanks for you help with this. Could you have a look at the three photos below and see if the seals are the correct way?

20240425_100448.jpg

20240425_100455.jpg

20240425_100445.jpg

all look good except for the bottom picture has the seal backwards. all the oil seals go the same way with the lip facing the inside of the engine.

With respect to that type of seal: The 'lip' will always face the direction you want to contain the fluid/grease/media/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom