camping recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello all, i'm looking for a midweek fishing in the pines spot. haigler creek says it doesn't open till april. any suggestions? thanks, chris

I know the forest in the rim area is closed as far as roads. If your willing to hike in most area are open. Last weekend the Blue Ridge are got 14" of snow. This weekend 99% of it gone. Don't if the roads will be closed until mid April. I think that date has to do with having the area open for spring turkey season. I'll bet The road to Ashurst l
Lake is open since it's paved. Years ago I would go fishing in Coconino Reservoir which is past the camp ground. There is also a seasonal spring that had trout. Dogtown Reservoir was also great fishing in the early spring. But don't remember any paved road so things may have changed and the area is closed. Years ago there was a short cut off of Garland Prairie Road off Interstate 40. If you have a GPS with the reservoir on it you could see where you were closest. Heading south you would go past out lumber mill. Then cross a railroad track. It was pretty close to track where the old turn off was.

ended up on the verde by water wheel. excellent camping and weather. never even saw a fish. thanks for a new spot to try

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom