Camber Adjustment and Lower Control arm (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I added a small spacer lift on my front end and have some positive camber. Took my truck to have my tire/alignment guys take a look. The guy didn’t think that the GX had a camber adjustment. After looking he said the adjustment is at the lower control arm. He was worried that it will be locked up and not adjustable. This is definitely the grouchy mechanic and just seems uninterested in anything that involves the business making money. But, do lower control arms freeze up and don’t allow for camber adjustment? If so, what can I do to insure low shop hours and then not breaking anything? Suggestions? Thanks!!

Yes, the cam bolts can freeze in the LCA bushings. There’s no guarantee that yours will be though, and you won’t really know until they try to adjust them.

Gotcha. Thank you!

So, I basically found the information about the bolts being seized. It took me a bit to understand what I was looking at too... I pulled the wheel and have started to hit both sides with PB and will continue to do so through the weekend. I have a alignment scheduled for Monday. My plan is to keep blasting them and let them soak through the weekend and Sunday try and break them over and see if they move. If they do, then off for alignment, if not appointment canceled and new LCA ordered and installed next week at home. Then alignment.
540A1669-AFE4-418F-817D-CD537B1DF260.jpeg

Looking at the generic replacements like your photo or at rockauto they look pretty insufficient compared to the OEM design. The OEM sleeve is one piece with the cam plate.

87639D28-B4A0-4186-8568-002DBE30EF26.png

F64A15FA-E26E-46C1-9174-46FE808845D8.png

just FYI the front and rear bolt/ nut setups are different in the OEM setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom