calling all dissent rear bumper owners/bike rack interface 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a quick search....no dice :bang:

I'm about ready to pull trigger on a one-up style rack. I have a dissent 2 swing away rear bumper w. trailer hitch option on one of the swing outs on the rig.

The 1-up has a center mounted trailer hitch barb. the swing away has an off center trailer receiver.

how does the mud-verse handle the need to re-center the bike rack to the rig taking into account the off-center vehicle receiver mount on the swing away?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have a Dissent bumper, but I do have a 1up rack and I have looked into this a bit while considering bumpers. The 1up rack allows you to offset your bike in the rack by folding one end down more than the other. How centered you can get it depends on the length of your bike though.

Do you mind measuring how far off center the Dissent accessory hitch is? I haven't been able to find that measurement.

measurments: can do. I'm traveling to east coast tmrw, so will have to tackle when I get back.

Offset: I will look into that to see if its enough. I have a club member who has one & will see in near future.

What did you come up with? I generally have some overhang even with my mount in the center. Given this is on the 4runner not the 100. I think that as long as you keep it with in the side mirror profile you should be good WMMV ;)

been running a 1up on a dissent swing out for 3 years now with zero issues. you won't notice the bikes being off center.

I don't have the dissent but the way I mounted mine to the Delta, it has quite a bit of offset(~9.5"). Like post #2 mentions, your able to lock the bike in with an offset to help with this. It still mounts out on the passenger side a bit, but overall not a big deal.

1694099773055.png

Last edited:
thanks for the off-center.

Moving forward & waiting for the biuld/delivery of the 1-up next gen (the one designed by the inventor that is not under the 1-up name).

I have some ideas how to incorporate w. a 20# propane bottle mount. the speed I move at, will report back on this in like 2 yrs :doh:

I forgot to mention, I do ride a lot so leave the 1-up loaded. I do have to tilt it down and fold up the passenger side rail because of the stops they install on the rails. works pretty good tho. I would rather be able to fold both back and flip the rack up. Can't do this because of the spare.

edit- if you don't do this, the passenger side rail will stick out too much IMO.
1694309625654.png

thanks for the off-center.

Moving forward & waiting for the biuld/delivery of the 1-up next gen (the one designed by the inventor that is not under the 1-up name).

I have some ideas how to incorporate w. a 20# propane bottle mount. the speed I move at, will report back on this in like 2 yrs :doh:
here is how i did a 5# under the jerry can holder, its been working fantastic for 2 years now.

IMG_0031.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom