call of nature (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi new here, my family have a cruiser for three weeks now, searching for actual users, trying to get some advice as we are planning a trip for next month, which could last for couple of days. Anyone there have some tips on how they handle 'call of nature' if you're in nature. It sound a silly question, but yeah I just want to know.

Low end: trowel/shovel and roll of toilet paper.

High end: portable bathroom tent with bucket/lime etc.

Head on down to REI and they have a little section of options.

Hi new here, my family have a cruiser for three weeks now, searching for actual users, trying to get some advice as we are planning a trip for next month, which could last for couple of days. Anyone there have some tips on how they handle 'call of nature' if you're in nature. It sound a silly question, but yeah I just want to know.
What he said. We use this:

PETT.jpg

Very compact pretty easy to use. Add a bathroom enclosure if you want, they can be pretty handy.

I’m lower tech than Above. We have a “seat” that snaps on top of a 5 gallon bucket. I fill it about 1/3 of the way with water (from the stream or ocean most of the time) and then add some bIodegradable RV tank treatment.

Mine is in winter storage still but I think it’s this one

cool, yes simple is good (KISS principle). and bottom line is still appropriate disposal however you deposit it. Storage is also a factor. Some of these are sealable and transportable but a wet bag on a bucket less so. Some of these are dry means and some are wet, wet has challenges dry does too.
do some researching though to understand the system you chose. For portability minimal liquids is best.
good questions. 👍

View attachment 1949600

Very compact pretty easy to use. Add a bathroom enclosure if you want, they can be pretty handy.
We have that one too and the tent that came with it. We use the Amazon or Wal-Mart available bags. The PETT toilet is better but we also have a cheaper one from Wal-Mart. The nice thing about these is that you throw the double zipped bag in any trash can. We set the unit up in the garage of the tent and don't replace the bag until it has more than just urine in it. Spin the large inner bag to seal and fold it down into the outer zip lock bag. Those can sit next to the toilet until they make the trip to the trash can or can go into a bucket with a lid if you have to go some distance or time before throwing them away. I got this originally for our boat as I didn't want a toilet with a tank to have to empty. PETT video review

Another option for privacy is a pancho.

I may be weird, but that is one thing I'm not packing out with me.

When I get a new cruiser (all too often), the first thing I put in it is a roll of TP in a ziplock bag. I don't want to get caught with my pants down...

Amazon product ASIN B07Q3T1X5G
Amazon product ASIN B0024O0W94
Paper in ziplocks. Keep half used rolls, about 2-3 of them all over. One in glove box, one in food utensil box,
one under the front seat. I've used the double doodie bags regularly, get the ones with bio-gel in them - they truly don't smell
once you've used them and closed them up. After use, roll them closed and put them in the garbage. For garbage, keep a large double bagged garbage bag handy at all times, it will keep the inside floor cleaner and nicer if you use it regularly.
The plastic toilet I recommend is because just getting a lid and sticking it on a bucket can have bad consequences,
especially if you aren't used to it.
If you are going to just head out into the woods and think you are burying it, think again. The most common,
and truly disgusting result is that family pets ( dogs ) dig them up and eat it. The paper gets spread all around.
Please don't do that.

Oh, one secret is use the baby wipes, get some and leave them with the TP. Cottonelle, or Pampers or Huggies.
They work. If you can't shower, you can at least be clean.

There are shower/toilet enclosures sold on Amazon as well, for around $100. Set it up back away from camp,
and tie it down so it doesnt' blow away and you should be good.

"How to s*** in the Woods" is one of my favorite bathroom books. Keep it on the tank at home. You'll learn something and get great comments from folks who visit and use your bathroom.

View attachment 1949600

Used this at Coachella this weekend. Coupled with a privacy shelter, it was a huge upgrade from the deathly blue porta potties the other 120,000 humans were using...

Clean Waste privy, toilet and wag bags for us. Packs small and we’ve been using this more and more vs. digging a hole.
C6634A3B-B139-4657-806B-EA4742F997E1.jpeg
4D850BDE-BF26-4185-8F51-5E27B355C7E8.jpeg
The shop I work for sells the Dry-flush which is the cream of the crop of Camp toilets. Literally just like home, maybe better haha! DRY FLUSH Laveo Dry Flush Toilet

😲 jiminychrissmas! $600 for a camping pooper?🤑

Whoa 😦

Does it wipe for you too and give you a mint? 🙃

*Edit* I read up on that pooper. It's pretty bad-ass. So it makes.tubularnsausage packets per dump/flush? Sir sealed but battery operated. Like da co idea esp for multi-week use, as you indicated.. and they're working in making a more enviro-friendly puck for it. Cool. 👌

Last edited:
Clean Waste privy, toilet and wag bags for us. Packs small and we’ve been using this more and more vs. digging a hole. The shop I work for sells the Dry-flush which is the cream of the crop of Camp toilets. Literally just like home, maybe better haha! DRY FLUSH Laveo Dry Flush Toilet

Ive just seen these, but can’t figure out the size being worth it for me, a solo tripper. But I see
You have a full camp, what a grand idea!! Worth the money for sure,

Ive just seen these, but can’t figure out the size being worth it for me, a solo tripper. But I see
You have a full camp, what a grand idea!! Worth the money for sure,
Yeah, its an impressive unit, but not for everyone. More popular with the 4wheel campers and trailer crowd and people traveling for long periods of time. I could see wagg bags and double bagging your waste getting old after a month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom