California Title and Registration help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I recently brought a FJ40 into California and I have some questions around where to begin with registering the car in the state and getting plates. You can view information about my vehicle here. The website lists the specs on it. Some things worth pointing out...
The car was titled as a gas vehicle but has since been converted to diesel with a Cummins 4BT turbo diesel.

I'm not really sure where to begin and any advice/help/experiences shared would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

18 pages here of light reading. Door is shut in CA.

Anyone happen to have a photo of the Canadian emission sticker from a 1HDT diesel 80 series? I've heard rumors they exist but haven't found one.

I doubt a such sticker exists (in legit form). As far I know, the 1HDT was never sold in Canada in any vehicle for street use.

Not trying to be harsh, but it is tragic how many people venture into the murky waters of trying to register a diesel Land Cruiser in Ca without doing their due diligence before spending $$$.

Not trying to be harsh, but it is tragic how many people venture into the murky waters of trying to register a diesel Land Cruiser in Ca without doing their due diligence before spending $$$.
I've done a ton of research just trying to work out options A through Z. Wish I didn't like my hometown and proximity to the outdoors northern CA brings or I'd move to a less legislative state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom