Calico Run - 1/20/18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.socallandcruisers.com
A few club members are planning a day trip on 1/20/18 to Calico and anyone that is interested is welcome to join us. We plan to take a relatively mild trail that has a few obstacles that could be challenging to some. We will stay out of the tough sections of Odessa and Doran Canyons. Most stock trucks with decent tires should have no trouble. One other club member and I ran the trail last year and I was in a stock 100 and she had a built 4Runner. We made it through with no problems. Here is a link to a bunch of photos of that run:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AptI0IWOeCPrxX0H3

We plan to meet at 8:30 A.M. at the intersection of Calico Road and Mule Canyon Road. The trail will take us up to the Bismark Mine then over to Wall Street and we will eventually end up on Fort Irwin Road. We may do some target practice if we get done early enough. I think most of us will do this as a day trip but there are some good places to camp for those that want to stay overnight. Let me know if you are interested.

Chris

Last edited:
Date?

I missed it at first...lol... it's in the title.

@Otis, UZJ100 doable on stock OEM tires (not A/Ts)

I think so but there are a couple of spots that could be challenging, especially if you still have your running boards. I ran it without airing down my A/T's that were nearly worn out and we only had a little trouble in one spot. It took my son a few attempts and we stacked a few rocks to get through. Airing down and a rear locker on a stock truck would certainly help.

DSC_0198.JPG

Looks like it was a good time. Wish I could have made it out.

Another forum I must monitor, looks like it was fun.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom