Calico - January 27, 2024 Club Run (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A fun run to kick off the year. Old Toyotas made it fun. Thanks to Chris for organizing and leading the trail. Our VP brought his stock Lexus and climbed everything like a Landcruiser should. An Jbird drove the ifs stock-ish first gen 4runner like it should. Best of all, Jose wheeled the heart out of his stock FJ40 with three on a tree and 28 inch tires. Two Jeep Rubicons smooth out the rocks. The 2-door just wiggled its way through while the 4-door with 392 badge made the rocks smaller than usual. The usual cast and crew from the club brought an assortment of SAS 4runner, late model 4runner, 80 and 100 series to the trail. I joined late (last minute decision) and missed out on Kramer Arch but got to run the rest of the trail to Wall Street and the rest.

Last edited:
Just a few pics…
IMG_0129.jpeg

IMG_0130.jpeg

IMG_0131.jpeg

The club is planning the usual run to Calico on January 27 and anyone is welcome to join us. This run can either be a scenic day trip or overnight trip depending on your time frame. The club run will be on the milder trails around Calico Ghost Town (not on Doran or Odessa). This run will be suitable for stock vehicles but keep in mind a couple of spots are challenging and may either be passable with spotting or through a bypass (I don't guarantee you will not get any scratches!). The plan for the day trip is to meet on Saturday (Jan. 27) at the intersection of Calico Road and Mule Canyon Road (click here for map) at 8:30 A.M. and head out on the trail at 9:00.

If you have any questions, post up or message me. Message me if you want my phone number. For our Ham operators, let's use channel 146.535.

See this link for photos from last year’s run: Calico 2023
I missed it. Gonna set reminders and make sure notifications are on for next one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom