Calico - January 27, 2024 Club Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.socallandcruisers.com
The club is planning the usual run to Calico on January 27 and anyone is welcome to join us. This run can either be a scenic day trip or overnight trip depending on your time frame. The club run will be on the milder trails around Calico Ghost Town (not on Doran or Odessa). This run will be suitable for stock vehicles but keep in mind a couple of spots are challenging and may either be passable with spotting or through a bypass (I don't guarantee you will not get any scratches!). The plan for the day trip is to meet on Saturday (Jan. 27) at the intersection of Calico Road and Mule Canyon Road (click here for map) at 8:30 A.M. and head out on the trail at 9:00.

If you have any questions, post up or message me. Message me if you want my phone number. For our Ham operators, let's use channel 146.535.

See this link for photos from last year’s run: Calico 2023

Attached is a Google Earth file with the route of the trail we have taken the last couple of years. I am planning to follow the same route again this year since the trail has a few challenges and we can usually make reasonable time with a large group. If we have a small group and want a little more of a challenge we can take the alternate routes marked in yellow on the Google Earth file (or some can go those routes and we could meet back up at the main trail). Let me know if you have any other trail ideas to consider.

Attachments

• Calico.kmz
    7.8 KB · Views: 58
I should be able to make it! I might be down to camp it if anyone else is staying the night.

I was hoping to attend this run, but unfortunately got double-booked. Have fun!

Anyone planning on camping on Saturday night?
I will be doing the run in calico, but have decided to camp up in Big Bear (Burns Canyon) Saturday night to get some skiing in on Sunday!

Hi everyone I'm not sure but if I go it will be my first communion, what should I take ? for 1 day or maybe overnight?
what Kind of Radios are you guys using?
Can I have a couple phone numbers my phone number is 714 643 3183.
Thank you,
Have a Nice Day!
Jose Rios

Hi everyone I'm not sure but if I go it will be my first communion, what should I take ? for 1 day or maybe overnight?
what Kind of Radios are you guys using?
Can I have a couple phone numbers my phone number is 714 643 3183.
Thank you,
Have a Nice Day!
Jose Rios
If you are doing just a day run, you will just need to pack a lunch. If you plan on camping out, then you will need to prepare a lunch, dinner, and breakfast. I would also layer up as it can get cold out there. The last few years I've done this run, I just grab breakfast on the way and pack a sandwich for lunch. I top off at EddieWorld then meet up with everyone else at the intersection on Mule Canyon Rd. and Calico Rd. After the run (usually around 3 or 4), people who want to camp will find a camp spot (usually near Wall Street) and people who head home are able to head back. Last year was pouring rain so no one camp it.

Most people are running the BaoFeng UV-5R on channel 146.535. Feel free to text/call me at 626.348.1273 if you have any questions.

Evan

A friend of mine in a Jeep 392 will also be coming along on this run.

Good morning everyone,
does anybody operates CB Radios?

Have a Nice Day!
I'm not aware of anyone still running with a CB...at least in our group. Ran into a jeep group a few years ago running CB's. Ham radios like the Baofe g mentioned above technically requires a license (easy to get one) to use. Many don't get the license, which I personally disagree with.

Jbird (Jay) is a buddy of mine who lives up in Ventura County - even a bit farther out than me. He's got a '97 LX450, but he'll be driving his white first-gen 4Runner on this trip. Say hello to him if you get there before I do. I plan to be there around 8:30am. - Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom