Cab Mount Chop Assistance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's come time that I need to replace my tires. And I can't afford to keep doing Cooper ST Maxx's although they've been bullet proof tires. By the time they're replaced I'll have less than 40k miles on them. Maybe 32k. I need to look up when I actually put them on the truck.

Anyhow, I've ordered some 285's which means my Tacoma needs a Cab Mount Chop. I don't have the necessary tools nor the skills. And I would like to avoid having to pay Dark Horse to do it for me (money is tight these days).

Anyone able and or willing to help out?

This thread shows photos that kind of depict what I need to get done:
B.A.M.F CMC plates (Cab Mount Chop)

I've ordered my replacement tires and need to prep the truck.

(For those curious I'm going to try some Falken AT3Ws in 285/75/16).

I've done it on my buddy's 06 taco and would be happy to help, only my problem is the I don't have the equipment to do it. If someone stepped up with a welder I'd help out and we could cut it much further than that

I've done it on my buddy's 06 taco and would be happy to help, only my problem is the I don't have the equipment to do it. If someone stepped up with a welder I'd help out and we could cut it much further than that

That would be awesome. Some day I'd love to do 35's. But to do that I need 17" rims. Can't afford that this time around. :(

That would be awesome. Some day I'd love to do 35's. But to do that I need 17" rims. Can't afford that this time around. :(
We could cut it way back so next round you can do the 35's

I arrived with Polly about 6 hours ago and we are enjoying a brew at the Bozeman taproom right now haha

Sweet! Congrats again on getting hitched! :)

Just came back from camping-ish.

Do you have the cutting tools to do the job? I wonder if I can find someone with a welder?

Sweet! Congrats again on getting hitched! :)

Just came back from camping-ish.

Do you have the cutting tools to do the job? I wonder if I can find someone with a welder?
I have a grinder and that's about it

What kind of welding do you need? Can you get away with low-hy? Could possibly help with the cutting, welding and hitting things with a hammer. Can meet to go over what you need and to see if I can be of assistance.

What kind of welding do you need? Can you get away with low-hy? Could possibly help with the cutting, welding and hitting things with a hammer. Can meet to go over what you need and to see if I can be of assistance.

Honestly don't know anything about welding so I can't answer that one.

I definitely need to get it done soon though. Just got notice the tires were delivered. Tire shop will probably call soon. Although I don't need them mounted right away. Hoping they'll just let me pick them up.

I'm pretty flexible evenings if you want to take a look.

Got my tires!

20180802_191410.jpg

Thanks for meeting up last night! I'm looking forward to getting that CMC done. :) Truly appreciate your help.

Johnny O,
You want to get in on this cool-aid? We are doing it Sunday the 19th at 7:00 am in 4corners.
I could probably get in on the cool-aid! I'll let you guys know for sure next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom