C-Dan (need a price check on aisle 4) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lslc.org
I think my local dealar may be using a escalater on me...
Could you tell me what List is for pads (brake) front and rear?
I searched but all I came up with was 100 stuff. Need them for my 95 80

Cheers,
Nick

Nick,
Have you considered going with the 100 series pads in the front?
I did on mine and so far they are working great,
just my 2 centavos (.02 us)
Eduardo

I had but there seems to be a little debate on using them on old rotors. I figure i will just switch over when it's time to get new rotors. Unless anyone wants to sound off on not having any problems with that combo.

With the 100 pads, is there room for the antisqueel shims? when i put on new rotors I saw that I didn't have the antisqueel shims. They don't squeel to bad so I quess I don't need them.
kurt

Nick,

If you check my post on the 100 series pads;

I am running cross drilled rotors ( a debatable choice also)
The pads were "Autozone" carbon/ high performance.

This setup was ok until the right side started to squeal.

I had decided to wait until, I had time to resurface the rotors, to use the 100 pads. (C-Dan's advice)

I got another set of autozone pads, and when I started the work I noticed that the reason for the squeal was: a very poor match between the rotor and pads (some of the pad did not even touch the rotor surface)

Since the 100's had a much better alignment, and not having time to r/r the rotors, I went with latter of the two choices.

I used no shims, and some of the orange colored, anti squeal goop. (forgot brand name)

So far, no squeals, vibration, etc.
maybe I just got lucky??
Eduardo :beer:

(Over the PA)

FRONT PADS, 80 SERIES : 04465-60020 (91-96)
                                      04465-60110 (97)

REAR PADS, 80 SERIES :  04466-60020 (93-97)

FRONT PADS, 100 SERIES  04465-60151

They are all the same price, list is $55.44 per set.

The 100 pads are too thick to fit the shims in. as they wear, the shims could be inserted if desired.
They should be installed on a fresh surface as the "footprint" is larger than the 80 series pads.

C-Dan,
:-[ I did go against the expert advice, but @ the time It seemed like the best choice. I hope I don't regret it soon.

:'(

Moralien - I'm no mechanic, just telling you my experience. I went with the 100 series pad, and did not replace or resurface the rotors, as they looked to be in excellent shape (and at the time I didn't know about the larger footprint). I've had my '97 80 for about 25,000 miles, so the rotors may have been new when I bought her, and I still had about 1/2 the pads left.

After 2 months, I checked the pads and they are wearing evenly, as are the rotors. They are a very tight fit, so I didn't use the shims or any squeal goo, and have had no problems. I did however need to remove some brake fluid. 100 series pads are the way to go, they noticably improved my braking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom