Buzz bar glow plug Sensor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a question....On my truck mindy the stainless bar (i think is called the glow plug sensor) that is connected to the glowplug buzz bar , this takes a feed from the relay but the feed from the relay appears to be isolated from the stainless bar so how does the power get to the glow plugs/ Is this correct?! I am unsure as this is my first LC and a project car i took on in a bit of a state and its never been run properly

Last edited:
The bar is a means of supplying power to a glow plugs. Make sure that the bar is isolated from ground or else you run the risk of something melting, sparking, arcing or burning.
There should be a hefty sized wite which supplies power via a relay.
If you require cold weather starting test the glow plugs and change as a set.
You can test the glow cycle circuit by metering the disconnected wire and turning the key all the while looking for the glow indicator in the dash to light up, and click.
Lastly depending on your model an ECT (engine coolant Temp) probe may or may not cycle the glow plugs.

On my truck the stainless bar (i think is called the glow plug sensor) that is connected to the glowplug buzz bar this takes afeed from the relay but the feed from the relay appears to be isolated from the stainless bar so how does the power get to the glow plugs/ Is this correct?! I am unsure as this is my first LC and a project car i took on in a bit of a state and its never been run properly

The bar is a means of supplying power to a glow plugs. Make sure that the bar is isolated from ground or else you run the risk of something melting, sparking, arcing or burning.
There should be a hefty sized wite which supplies power via a relay.
If you require cold weather starting test the glow plugs and change as a set.
You can test the glow cycle circuit by metering the disconnected wire and turning the key all the while looking for the glow indicator in the dash to light up, and click.
Lastly depending on your model an ECT (engine coolant Temp) probe may or may not cycle the glow plugs.
That is all very useful info thanks. Here's the pic of the feed wire. It appet to be isolated from the bar by a bakelite material. I have power to the connection on the end of the wire but nothing to the buzz bar I assume as these insulators prevent it. They were on it when I got the wreck so don't know if they should be there or not? Should I remove them? I have a two relay set up and have found a second ect that goes into the loom so I guess that's what that is for. I reckon it's got the cold weather set up which I won't need in the uk
DSC_1222.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom