Busted EGR, how urgent? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was changing my oil yesterday and i noticed that there are two small rubber lines that go int the top of the EGR, i am assuming they are vaccum type hoses.

Where the hoses connect and go into the EGR, the small T-shaped "nipple" is totall broken off, the two hoses are now just layign there freely with the plastic ends broken off in them. How quickly do i need to jump on this? the truck is still running fine with no check engine light or anything...

i'll try to post a pic in a second.

here is a picture.
EGR.jpg
EGR2.jpg

Doesn't look like the nipple is broken off, just that the hose broke off (the nipple is under the remaining bit of hose--just pull/cut it off and put new hose on).

BTW... I said nipple twice which will inevitably result in this thread being deleted, right? :D

did it corrode off? that's a sign of exhaust gas in your vacuum lines meaning your modulator is likely bad too. check the filter.

is it throwing a code? your 94 has an egr temp sensor so it should be able to tell if the valve is not opening and throw a code.

right now you have no egr function. you will not pass emissions testing for sure. whether it is bad for the motor is a matter of debate. the motor expects the exhaust gas at certain higher rpms and the air flow meter is calibrated accordingly. if it gets more or less than it should it could run rich or lean which might cause you idle or heating issues.

Scamper, in the first picture you can see the hole in the top where the "T" broke totally off. As far as how the engine runs, i see how that can be debatable, my phh recently went and my rad just got a 1inch hairline crack, but i cant see any relation...

Brandon, I've got some OEM vaccuum hose in the toolbox if you end up needing a piece. Lemme know and I'll bring it next weekend or I can bring it to Gainesville anytime this week or next and you can pick it up if you're so inclined.

Ary

Ary, i'll let you know, and thanks. So i take it your coming to H-burg? you outta just meet up with us at the marshall amoco....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom