Busted brake line (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lucky it happened right on my property. I was dragging a fallen tree away from my road in 4LO. When I was done I noticed my parking brake light, the red one all the way on the right was illuminated. My parking brake never worked so I was curious why it would go on all of a sudden. Figured maybe I snagged a stick with my parking brake line and I activated? When I got down to look under the car, I noticed brake fluid leaking. Here’s what I got:

I guess it seems pretty straight forward, find the right part, order and replace. Anything I need to know tackling this job? For starters i know there’s a good chance I’ll strip those fittings as they’re really rusty.

What’s the procedure after I install the new coil to fill the brake fluid up?

Thanks in advance

63BDA603-5DD0-4809-8B66-350FE44FD98C.jpeg

All I can say is, get the proper flare but wrenches...even on my non-rusty CA rig they made a world of difference compared to regular wrenches. Harbor freight has them cheap enough for the rare occasion you need them.

I’d let some PB blast soak in for a day or two as well.

Ditto on the flare wrench and a great idea i saw posted recently is to clamp a vice grip plier tightly on the flare wrench to reduce the tendency of it's jaws spreading open and slipping when you put pressure on it.
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom