Bumper from Logan’s Metal 4x4 out of PA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I like the looks of these bumpers but wondering if anyone has had any experience with them personally or know of anyone who has.

fj-60-front-winch-bumper-1980-1989-7.gif

The thing that turns me off a little bit is that it doesn't really match the body lines very well. But again, that just one guy's opinion.

Also, not maximal in terms of approach angle.
+1, all accounts. Looks generic, not made for the vehicle, way too low on the outside, at least 4" of lost opportunity on approach.

I like the poetic beauty of the original equipment bumper. But that thing is for driving around strip mall parking lots while you look for good places to eat tacos.

If you need a winch, go with known manufacturers that have put a ton of hours into r&d. Or.....

Make your own. Get creative. Take your time. That's where the fun is.

IMHO approach angle on these rigs isn't a big deal since there is so much overhang in the rear making the departure angle so poor.

IMHO approach angle on these rigs isn't a big deal since there is so much overhang in the rear making the departure angle so poor.
Dragging a rear is much easier, if the rear bumper can take it, than pushing the front over something. I'm not remembering many times I couldn't drag my 60's ass over an obstacle but I can remember quite a few times that approach has stopped me cold

I picked up the rear to replace the PO's smittybilt tubes. I thought it looked simple enough and I'm happy with it.
I had it powdercoated locally to match my Trail Tailor front--which, if judged on welds alone, the Trail Tailor being far nicer.

But since I decided not to do a swing-out, I just wanted something simple a less spendy. This fit that bill. And I'm happy with it.
It let me keep my hitch, I didn't have to remove a cross member, and its plenty stout.

But you may just be looking at the front...

IMG_8950.JPG
IMG_8951.JPG
IMG_8953.JPG
1577813589888.png

Dragging a rear is much easier, if the rear bumper can take it, than pushing the front over something. I'm not remembering many times I couldn't drag my 60's ass over an obstacle but I can remember quite a few times that approach has stopped me cold
Agreed. Easier to drag than push. But IMHO, the long overhang makes these rigs less than ideal for harder wheeling. Flame suit on.

Agreed. Easier to drag than push. But IMHO, the long overhang makes these rigs less than ideal for harder wheeling. Flame suit on.
Maybe compared to a 40 but compared to all the other SUVs in the 100+ wheelbase I'd still take a Toyota. Add armor and ignore the
banging and scraping........it's still better than listening to rap

Maybe compared to a 40 but compared to all the other SUVs in the 100+ wheelbase I'd still take a Toyota. Add armor and ignore the
banging and scraping........it's still better than listening to rap
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Land Cruiser fan and have been driving them for 35 years. But I feel the overhang in the rear of the 60 is particularly long. For me, it makes it a less than ideal wheeler. I feel my 80 is better in that regard, however it is pretty fat (wide) and heavy.

I picked up the rear to replace the PO's smittybilt tubes. I thought it looked simple enough and I'm happy with it.
I had it powdercoated locally to match my Trail Tailor front--which, if judged on welds alone, the Trail Tailor being far nicer.

But since I decided not to do a swing-out, I just wanted something simple a less spendy. This fit that bill. And I'm happy with it.
It let me keep my hitch, I didn't have to remove a cross member, and its plenty stout.

But you may just be looking at the front...

View attachment 2169910View attachment 2169911View attachment 2169913View attachment 2169916

Looks good...simple, clean. Would really be the shizz if it had that 2" receiver built into it and you could lose that low hitch. I have an old draw-tite hitch I'd like to lose.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Land Cruiser fan and have been driving them for 35 years. But I feel the overhang in the rear of the 60 is particularly long. For me, it makes it a less than ideal wheeler. I feel my 80 is better in that regard, however it is pretty fat (wide) and heavy.
Agree on the 80. My 80 had trail modified doors where I never did any real damage to my 60 doors, probably because I've always ran a
little wider axles. Now they're 80 width. Keeps the body off the cliff sides and big rocks. My 40 had a 4" wider track now the 60 is about 7" wider. 7" wider on the 80 probably wouldn't be enough considering the bulging doors. You'd be approaching "full width", about
the same as a full size GM or Ford

Agree on the 80. My 80 had trail modified doors where I never did any real damage to my 60 doors, probably because I've always ran a
little wider axles. Now they're 80 width. Keeps the body off the cliff sides and big rocks. My 40 had a 4" wider track now the 60 is about 7" wider. 7" wider on the 80 probably wouldn't be enough considering the bulging doors. You'd be approaching "full width", about
the same as a full size GM or Ford
If you run any trails at all, a good pair of sliders is mandatory on an 80. My OPOR ones have taken a heck of a beating saving tons of body damage plus offer a pivot point. Still have taken damage, just way , way less. Never really wheeled the 60 that much since I always had a different rig to wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom