Bumbles Bounce Don'tcha know.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not down on fords....but been watching a few threads on Youtube....where there are some issues with cams/lifters on some of the 7.3 gas stuff, don't know if specific to certain year models or what, probably a good move to replace lifters and cam if you bought something out of a wreck, that would be a good call on any high milage engine. but might make sense to avoid issues up front....assuming there are known good replacement stuff or even OEM ford stuff. I assume they may have solved this issue but I don't know. Just thought I would post.

i own one of the crap fuel injection setups from GM....5.7 vortec with the "cool" spyder setup...which GM re-designed in some way to make it ....better....and of which I bought, engine has been pretty non-issue since I replaced that part referred as the spyder (in my 60).

The high point....a better part was made by GM, the low point...I'm my own warranty department

who knows what will happen if the spyder tanks...I may improve it and the related intake with the handy sledgehammer

Watching a YouTube video this morning got me on a kick so I decided to get the rest of the old crusty tint off the windows.

I did the passenger back door window first, but didn't get any pictures of that. Then I pulled the back seat and cleaned up under it.

20230521_163631.jpg

I took a look at the back seat and other than a couple of burn holes, the seat is in excellent shape. Even the foam is still in great shape.

Pulling the seat also gave me good access to the whole rear window.
20230521_163628.jpg

The rear tint was so crusty and had a bunch of wrinkles and pulls in it. I should have pulled it years ago. It was so crusty that when I started it basically just cracked itself off in big chunks.

20230521_165259.jpg

Found the ticket to be a spray bottle of soapy water and a fresh razor blade I was rewarded with a pile of nasty purple tint.

20230521_173101.jpg

And a super clean, almost crystal clear back glass.
20230521_174327.jpg

I went ahead and slid the back seat back in and buttoned that up. I need to get a new seatbelt for the back passenger and replace the motor on the driver side, but otherwise the back half is in pretty good shape.

Only tint left on the truck is the two wing windows up front. I'll try and knock those out soon. Then I'll finally be rid of all the old purple tint.

Took him for a rip up the road real quick, I may try to drive it to work one day this week. Just a good time in a good Ole truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom