Bug Deflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had this 60/62 bug deflector lying around forever so I thought I would put it on. It was new in the box and was given to me when I bought a Cruiser a while ago. Came from SOR.

Never been a fan of them but my 60 seems to attract a lot of bugs. So far the deflector seems to work prety well. Anyone else have one?

Last edited:
Has your mileage dropped? Mine did by 1.5-2 looks just like the one hanging in the shop.

I like mine.
DSC_0194-vi.jpg

In addition to the 60 windshield being a magnet for bugs, it also seems to be a magnet for small rocks.... Question: Do bug deflectors have any deflecting effect on those pesky small rocks, pebbles, gravel?

baloo said:
Has your mileage dropped? Mine did by 1.5-2 looks just like the one hanging in the shop.
Mileage drop? I guess you can't see the front grill, the part that says "diesel".

I have not noticed any mileage drop on my 60 with the bug deflector. I am still averaging about 27 mpg. How, you say? Because it's a Cummins!!! :) Ha, Ha, Ha.

In seriousness, I do like the bug deflector. It seems to keep quite a few bugs off and gives it that Aussie look.

I think they look alright. I have a nice red one I think I can get to work on my fj62. we will see, when my lazy tail gets to work.

Used one to cover the buzzard dent in the hood of my old 62, sumbitch just would not fly off, hit him...nasty! Should have had one on my new 62, got a pretty good rock chip in the paint now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom