BudBuilt Group Buy (Closed) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Out of curiosity, do those who plan on getting stainless skids have plans to powder coat them locally? I live in a salty location so I was leaning towards aluminum front (powder coated) and aluminum fuel (assuming it will fit over a LRA 24 gal tank). But for the stainless skids, I don’t think there is much value in powder coating them. Thoughts?

I am in for a set of sliders

I would think the stainless would not require Powder coat , I have powdered coated stainless in the past for equipment , they have to blast to rough up the surface , then a special primer coat then top coat was the process .
I would figure the SS would be 304 stainless and not 316 . That was one of my questions for BB

I would think the stainless would not require Powder coat , I have powdered coated stainless in the past for equipment , they have to blast to rough up the surface , then a special primer coat then top coat was the process .
I would figure the SS would be 304 stainless and not 316 . That was one of my questions for BB

Please let us know once you hear from BB.

Also, anyone know what is the weight savings by going "full stainless steel" vs "aluminum front and fuel and the rest stainless steel"?

Last edited:
Please let us know once you hear from BB.

Also, anyone know what is the weight savings by going "full stainless steel" vs "aluminum front and fuel and the rest stainless steel"?
I think it is about 100 lbs. You can find the weights on the material tab on the BB website.

Reactions: LCT
Out of curiosity, do those who plan on getting stainless skids have plans to powder coat them locally? I live in a salty location so I was leaning towards aluminum front (powder coated) and aluminum fuel (assuming it will fit over a LRA 24 gal tank). But for the stainless skids, I don’t think there is much value in powder coating them. Thoughts?
If they are stainless steel they won't rust like normal steel. It will get some spots of surface rust. Think of old sinks or old kitchen equipment. I live with the salt as well and going with the same set up. I am going to spray them with a clear coat just to keep them nice.

This stuff is pretty amazing. Only for fresh clean metal. Follow the instructions. If you don't it will be a disaster. It really does take about a month for full protection.

I am in for a set of sliders

The group buy is for skids with an option to purchase shock guards and/or sliders. If somebody located nearby wants skids only, maybe you can split shipping and have them order the sliders for you.

Damn sweet deal!

Please put me on the list for a full set of aluminum skids and shock guards.

The group buy is for skids with an option to purchase shock guards and/or sliders. If somebody located nearby wants skids only, maybe you can split shipping and have them order the sliders for you.

I will figure out the skids tonight.

I think it is about 100 lbs. You can find the weights on the material tab on the BB website.
I can’t seem to find the materials tab on BB website. Maybe I need to look it up on my computer instead of my phone.

@ty240 Please put me down for skids and shock guard. Material TBD.

I can’t seem to find the materials tab on BB website. Maybe I need to look it up on my computer instead of my phone.

Click on materials and then scroll up.

0461FB3A-D5E7-4827-915E-47684C2706EF.jpeg

D3E3134F-AF75-46B0-BEC3-C57848DCBAA3.jpeg

Looks like it is 304 stainless

Bump for a great deal. Can't believe no one has posted in this thread all year! :)

Interested in the buy but concerned about skid compatibility with an LRA 24 gallon tank. Anyone with experience or details on this?
I’ll pop in here as this is a very common question I get.

Factory fuel tank is in front of the rear axle housing (as required by US law for passenger and light duty trucks). LRAs are behind the rear axle housing where the spare tire is/was. So it’s a non issue as there is a major component and about a foot and half of separation between the factory fuel tank, and the factory spare tire. So the same will remain with our fuel skid, as it will just cover the factory fuel tank.

I’m also a LRA dealer/installer, and almost always install LRAs with our full skids. Never an issue.

Latest Update: The group buy will end on Jan 4, 2021, Monday morning at 10am PST. Payment will be required within a week of close by ordering directly on the website or by calling Rob direct. The discount code will be provided directly to you via pm.

Update: Looks like we hit the minimum threshold for the maximum discount of 25% and the ability for all buyers moving forward (after #10) to purchase a combination of partial skids and/or shock guards, with an option of sliders. Thanks everybody!

Original Post below:

For those that have been on the fence or wanting to upgrade, BudBuilt has generously decided to offer a group buy on skids (and sliders/shock guards if purchased together).

The group buy will last two weeks. There are a few stipulations and price breaks depending on number of interested parties due to manufacturing logistics and very slim margins, particularly on sliders.

-For a 15% discount, there will need to be 6 buyers of full skid plates, front to fuel tank.

-For a 20% discount, the minimum buyers of full skids required ups to 10.

-For 25%, buyers 1-10 need to purchase full skids, front to fuel tank, while buyers 10-14+ can purchase a mix (for example the front and engine, or the transfer case skid and crossmember with some shock guards).

-Sliders can be added to any order as long as the minimum number of buyers of 6 full skids is met. The discount for sliders is $100 for powder coated or $300 for non powder coated. Since powder coating is done off site, bud built would prefer not powder coating due to the extra handling and expense they incur. Rock rails do not have any additional discount.

-Shock guards can be added to any order as long as the minimum number of buyers of 6 full skids is met. The discount is the same % discount as skids.

-The group buy will last two weeks.

Some notes to keep in mind:

-All full skid discounts stack on top of the already offered 15% discount for purchasing full skids on the website!

-Skid materials can be mixed and matched.

-Every purchase must include skids, with sliders and shock guards as options.

-Lead times are indicated on the website.

-“Full skids” denotes 5 pieces, front to back, including the fuel tank skid. You’d still get the full group buy discount if purchasing an incomplete set, but only if we hit 11+ buyers.

-The group buy applies only to 200/201 series Cruisers.

-Most important, this is a live group buy and was offered to maintain production through the slower holiday period. Please follow through with the purchase if you commit to the group buy.

Please reply with which skid plates and materials, and if you would like to include sliders (pc or bare) and shock guards.

Buyers 1-6 (full skids):
1. ty240, full skids (material tbd), sliders (bare)
2. tabraha, full skids (al)
3. RobW0, full skids (al/ss)
4. JZelnick, full skids, shock guards (stainless)
5. DesmoPilot, full skids (al), shock guards (stainless)
6. iijchenii, full skids (material tbd)

Buyers 7-10 (full skids):
7. Leelanau, full skids (al), shock guards, sliders (PC)
8. USMCVader, full skids (ss)
9. wiseinvestor, full skids (ss/al)
10. 25LGT, full skids (steel)

Buyers 11-14+ (full skids or partial skids/shock guards)
11. FerzLC, full skids (al)
12. Lester did that, partial skids, shock guards
13. EpicBoy78, full skids (steel)
14. sagebrush200, full skids (al), sliders (PC)
15. TheGrrrrr, full skids (al)
16. 4wheelgreg, full skids (ss), sliders (PC)
17. M3TT, full skids (material tbd)
18. unclemat, full skids (al)
19. 60/40GUY, full skids (lite steel)
20. vmfire, full skids (mixed), shock guards (stainless)
21. TN LX570, full skids (steel)
22. TheIcemanCometh, full skids (material TBD)
23. nolamule, full/partial skids (al)
24. ATwoZ, full/partial skids (material TBD)
25. PIPA, full/partial skids (material TBD), sliders
26. Norcal470, full skids (al), sliders (bare)
27. ocLC200, full skids (al/ss), shock guards, sliders (PC)
28. ayebeeeceee, full skids (al)
29. goldwater58, full skids (al/ss), shock guards
30. re500, full skids (al), sliders
31. nextcarr, full skids (al, ss)
32. 40man, full skids (al), sliders
33. NYC570, full skids (al), shock guards
34. LC200Mods, full skids (al), shock guards
35. mdkaboom, full skids (al), shock guards
36. LCT, full skids (material TBD), shock guards

Thanks everybody!
37. 1 4C Ice, full ss skids and ss shock guards

Ok, I’m in for full aluminum skids (front skid powder coated), stainless steel shock guards, and possibly a set of sliders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom