BSLCA BS... ie.. local chat.. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I forgot this still worked lmao

I'm still in the forum every day, not many of our folks still come to hang out in Mud but a few check in now and then. Still a wealth of info in here :cheers: Woody just did an update to the platform Monday and it has the feel of a social media site.

I'm still in the forum every day, not many of our folks still come to hang out in Mud but a few check in now and then. Still a wealth of info in here :cheers: Woody just did an update to the platform Monday and it has the feel of a social media site.

Love Woody.. but that's b/c the forum engine sucked for the last few years.. period. I'd come and look something up and get out....

Bx

When searching for informative threads here I find using google and typing IH8MUD and whichever series I'm looking for behind then topic gives much better results than the search engine on this site. Lots of good stuff here...just have to dig back to find it.

New MSO series Adventure Canada -

Need to soak some knuckles and other greasy parts to clean get ready for powdercoat to build a front axle for the 40 what are the suggested chemicals available for soaking that stuff now? Anyone use anything that worked well?

Need to soak some knuckles and other greasy parts to clean get ready for powdercoat to build a front axle for the 40 what are the suggested chemicals available for soaking that stuff now? Anyone use anything that worked well?

If you getting it powder coated they will media blast it first anyway.

A bucket of diesel, pair of rubber gloves and a rag should probably do the trick...

Thanks gents :cheers: John he does blast them before powdercoating just never took him anything with that much grease and oil residue usually bumpers and sliders but I'll try to clean them with some diesel before thanks @Flipped Bezel

Mineral spirits will work well also in case you already have some on hand

Mineral spirits will work well also in case you already have some on hand

Yes Sir I have some of that on hand as well I will give it a try thank you, @kjnarmyfj gave me a pointer at the last meeting about using some mineral spirits on the leather to clean the contaminants out of the leather said to go light but it'll pull them right out of the leather as well.

Gotta get that boudin fix :cheers: I wish I was, hadn't heard who might be headed that way. We have our monthly meeting Sunday.

Anybody coming to the Land Cruiser, Lone Star Round Up, here in Mason, Texas this weekend? If so, I need to place an order for boudin!
Dang...holler at me next time you need your boudin fix. I just drove in to Pleasanton yesterday evening to begin my 2 week work hitch. Unfortunately I will have to miss both the Round Up and the monthly BSLCA meeting....

Anybody coming to the Land Cruiser, Lone Star Round Up, here in Mason, Texas this weekend? If so, I need to place an order for boudin!

Some cool rigs at the Lone Star Roundup...

IMG_20190315_190829378_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190315_191931985_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190315_193119230_HDR.jpg

Nice, thanks for sharing Wayne. We were admiring your knife skills last night at Scott's house. Looks like a rare to the states FJ43 and I saw the two 45's in some of their social media posts some really nice rigs out there. Hope you had a great weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom