Bronze? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been on a search for a Cruiser. Currently have an '04 Silverado Duramax Extended Cab. With a new baby I decided I needed more room for family trips. I really would like a used one so I don't feel guilty wheeling on my farm or on the sand at the Cape. I looked at 2 last Friday and 3 today. Todays were a '00, a '02 and another '02. Everyone I have seen has had the interior trashed - just stains everywhere. I understand a lot of mommies drive these around with kiddos so it's ok, but I am trying to find one driven by an anal person (in a good way). So I found an immaculate '02, but it is Bronze with Gold Package - Yuck! So I figure I can ditch the gold package for some flat black lettering. Then replace the bumpers with black aftermarkets/winch etc. Then powercoat the wheels black. So do you think the Bronze will be bearable with everything blacked out? My Wife doesn't want me to settle, but this is the first one I have seen that is decent. Please let me know your thoughts!

On a side note, does anyone have pix of Bronze Cruisers they can share?

Drinkin40s said:
So I have been on a search for a Cruiser. Currently have an '04 Silverado Duramax Extended Cab. With a new baby I decided I needed more room for family trips. I really would like a used one so I don't feel guilty wheeling on my farm or on the sand at the Cape. I looked at 2 last Friday and 3 today. Todays were a '00, a '02 and another '02. Everyone I have seen has had the interior trashed - just stains everywhere. I understand a lot of mommies drive these around with kiddos so it's ok, but I am trying to find one driven by an anal person (in a good way). So I found an immaculate '02, but it is Bronze with Gold Package - Yuck! So I figure I can ditch the gold package for some flat black lettering. Then replace the bumpers with black aftermarkets/winch etc. Then powercoat the wheels black. So do you think the Bronze will be bearable with everything blacked out? My Wife doesn't want me to settle, but this is the first one I have seen that is decent. Please let me know your thoughts!

Two words.......

Dont settle.

Good color for the dusty high plains desert environment. Plus it's harder for other hunters to see me on the hillside :D

Bronze is cool and will look sharp with black.

Don't see too many bronze ones.

Bronze is extremely rare, very sharp looking during sunrise/sunsets. I had a ton of comments on my bronze '99.

Drove the 2000, pretty nice. 23k with 47,000 miles. Should I be worried about the exhaust manifold? I didn't hear any ticking and the dealership is including a warranty. Would a Toyota dealer be able to tell me if it's cracked? I just want it remedied before any warranty would run out. I already have a Slee Kit picked out - cart before the horse! =)

I personally like the color because it is one of the more rare colors. But, from your comments, it sounds like YOU don't like it that much. I am a firm believer in following your instincts.

If there is some little voice in your head that is saying it doesn't like the color, LISTEN to it! There are plenty out there to choose from, just keep looking. You'll eventually find the one you want and you'll be much happier in a year or two.

Write down your favorite three colors in order of how much you like them. Then, take that list with you when you're out looking. Sometimes when you're under pressure to buy, it helps if you write down your wants ahead of time.

Good luck finding the 100 that YOU want. :cheers:

I found an '01 with 44k in a color I "really like" - Dark Grey - it's an LX 470 though - i don't see any aftermarket suspension kits on SLEE's site, but I see Hoser has a lift. Can you replace the factory air kit if it craps out with an OME? I tried searching, but my "wording" isn't netting me any strong results. Thanks!

On the 470's you can "fool" the suspension to stay all the way up all the time, and that is enough to get you on some 35's. In the event that the suspension failed, you could replace it with any LC suspension kit.

Fooling the suspension? How much adjustment is there? I see some sigs that have a 2" AHC or 2.5" AHC lift - is this via the factory height controls? Can you lock it at a setting? I will probably run only 295's or 285's depending on how much they can handle. Thanks again!

Cancel that request - I did a search for 'AHC' - got more than I could have asked for!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom