Broken Spring? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently drove throughout some rough roads in Costa Rica. Truck was nice on the pavement and a tractor over rivers and up steep washed out roads. Amazing ride and lots of compliments from everyone.
Seems I may have a broken night front spring?? Droops and that shock compressed more. Spring flat with no camber. Does spring need replacing along with bushings? Truck in storage there till after Xmas and parts hard to get in Costa Rica.

Welcome mate
Any foundry should be able to reset your old springs and if one's broken I would see if any light Japanese trucks have a similar size for a replacement.
Normally the shackles are stuffed from heavy rust pitting but they all can be knocked out and turned and hammered back in as there splined OR you could roll your own with high tensoil bolts and flat bar. The bushes should be a standard size so any auto parts warehouse should have or get you the size needed.

Last edited:
Order a new set of springs.

The cheaper route would be to get a local spring manufacturer to make a new leaf for you.

But you should fix it. You can drive as it is but your truck is not balanced and the extra load on the remaining leaves may cause more to break.

Thanks for all the response and feedback. Found a good set of used front replacements springs and new shocks. also new bushings. Hope stock hardware all good. Could be a bit of a pain carrying everything with me when I return to CR but better than trying to find parts there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom