Broken motor mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alk747triodad

SILVER Star
Threads
My fan is hitting the top passenger side of the fan shroud, so before I attempt to fix I would like some advice.
1) Is this a broken motor mount and and if so, which one?
2) Should I replace both?
3) Where should I order them?
4) If not motor mount, what is it?

The only time I have problems with it hitting the shroud is on the trails and the truck is flexing; usually on Daniel. I would like to fix before Logan's Run so any advice/help would be appreciated. You guys know I'm a jack leg mechanic but I do have all the tools needed to fix this problem. I searched mud and read a 2x4 and a bottle jack would pick the engine up to make the replacement possible. I have that! :doh:
Advice please?

Kenny :beer:

A pic!

image-2486845295.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-2486845295.jpg

I get mine from the dealer myself if that is what it is. Take a close up of both motor mounts please and post them here. Or bring it to the outpost Saturday morning 0745.

You got to know me by now lately. I am up there just about every weekend.

Do this:
1. Put a floor jack underneath the oil pan
2. Put a 2x4 or 4x4 between the jack and oil pan
3. Jack up the motor by the oil pan and see if you can see one of the motor mounts separating

That should show you which motor mount is separated, if either.

Pic of PS motor mount

image-3944400392.jpg

Pic of DS. Harder to get a good pic

image-2160942460.jpg

It appears the breather tube is wedged in the mount

image-4013678455.jpg

image-3944400392.jpg

image-2160942460.jpg

image-4013678455.jpg

Your DS is shot ... it is the one that normally goes first and that's a pretty darn big crack running through the rubber.

Go OEM and call Scott Clark a call for discount

Floor Jack, 4x4 and I think a 19 MM socket is all you need. If you have an engine hoist even better.

don't jack up the motor too much just enough to where you can twist and slide the bad mount out and new on in.

Do this:
1. Put a floor jack underneath the oil pan
2. Put a 2x4 or 4x4 between the jack and oil pan
3. Jack up the motor by the oil pan and see if you can see one of the motor mounts separating

That should show you which motor mount is separated, if either.

I know it will probably come down to this Johnny, but I have a stupid question. Do you jack the back part of the oil pan that is closer to the ground or the front part? :hmm:

I know it will probably come down to this Johnny, but I have a stupid question. Do you jack the back part of the oil pan that is closer to the ground or the front part? :hmm:

I usually use a board to span the whole bottom of the pan. No need though. The pic above clearly shows the DS motor mount is toast.

If you need help let me know . I seen your 80 had been moved today

Thanks Insane! I need all the help I can get....I've been wanting to meet you since we are neighbors.

I'm talking with Jeff @ SCT and he faxed me this pic cause his book just says for right hand. ? Almost like both sides are the same mount.

Thoughts?

image-310617986.jpg

I'm thinking I need part # 12362. Tell me I'm right!

image-310617986.jpg

Last edited:
that looks to be right.

Your drivers side is Left Hand side of the truck though since you have a Left Hand Drive Vehicle.

That shows both DS and PS mounts the one you are looking at appears to be your drivers side mount.

And everyone asks what do you get out of your ONSC membership dues... :D

And both motor mounts are the same if I am not mistaken. Not for sure on a FJ80 though. Might be a slight difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom