Broken Lock on Gas Door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Austin, TX until 8/04 then Chicago, IL until 6/11
Hola,
The lock on the door to gas tank broke yesterday and now the thing flops open at random. Anyone know of a cheap and easy replacement? I was thinking about those mailbox locks you can pick up at a hardware store. Any ideas would be appreciated. Have a good one.

Patrick

What do you mean it "broke"? You could order one for probably around $10 from crusierparts.net and replace any of the broken parts.

the peice of metal that turns when you turn the key broke at the base.
couldn;t find it on cruiserparts.net. I'm gonna try and call them mon monday. thanks for the advice

P

I would think that part might be a standard part found in other cars/toyotas. Might have some luck in the junkyard.

If you get a used one, try to take the cylinder out & remove all the tumblers. That way any key will work - even a screwdriver.

archie,
do you know of any good junk yards in Chicago? I'm in lakeview now, but this weekend I'll be the Lombard area? Any thing near lombard? or on the way from the city

thanks for ya'lls help
P

Maybe this might be in the way http://www.victoryautowreckers.com/ Tell me if they have alot of 60's or 80's there. I got my fingers crossed :). I might be looking into corolla parts in the near future. I'm in the edgebrook area if you're in the area (maybe less than 6 miles west of you) if you ever want to hang out. I'll be going rock climbing in the fall if you are interested.

I've only climbed once since I moved to the city 3 months ago, everything is so damn expensiveor far away. Acutally just got back from bloomington and there 110ft corn silo a couple of days ago. MY scheduled jacked up but let me know when your going and I'll figure out a away.
I'll check out the yard on Sat or Sun and let you know. Thanks for the info

Later
P

I climb outdoors in Wisconsin cause it's cheaper and nicer to be outside. It's about 3 hours away but worth it. Bloomington is nice but haven't been there in years. Got all the gear except your shoe size(unless you got some 8-9 sizes). I do have a few extra smaller sizes for children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom