Broken headlight LX470 :( How to take apart? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys. Newbie here. I just got my '00 LX470 last night, but I have a broken headlight. It's the small on by the grill for the high beam. Is that assembly independant from the rest of the main headlight or is it all one single piece? Anybody know how to remove it so I can do it myself :) Any idea of the price of the part?

Thanks!

Welcome! Check ebay's completed auctions for this exact phrase "LX 470 Headlights." There are several auctions that didn't get any bids. I'm sure you could pick up a replacement light for a good price if you contact the seller or tell them to put up the lights for auction again.

You can prevent future headlight damage by buying that plastic film that goes over the lights. Do a search on the 80's forum. I think it may have been NorCal Doug that was selling them for the 100 but I"m not sure.

From the looks of this picture, it appears as if the two lights come out as a unit. If you like to work on your cruiser and save some money, buy a Factory Service Manual (FSM). Do a search, I found a vendor that sells them for $160 for the 2 part set.
87_1_b.jpg

Last edited:
hoser said:
You can prevent future headlight damage by buying that plastic film that goes over the lights. Do a search on the 80's forum. I think it may have been NorCal Doug that was selling them for the 100 but I"m not sure.

You got the first name right, but it was "the other" Doug from the Potato State (IdahoDoug). At least he was offering them for the 80, not sure about the 100. Maybe it was NorcalDoug afterall! :D

Mot :)

is the headlight housing busted or just the bulb burned out?

My passenger side light has a cracked glass faceplate, so if you need to buy a set, I'll split the cost w/Ya...

-- Mike

The Godfather said:
Mine is the driver side....none on ebay. Order at the stealership for $350.

That's a surprisingly good price for the stealership on a LX headlamp assembly. A camry assembly runs $300 or so. I would have expected $800+ at the Lexus dealer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom