Breaks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove to work this morning, it is about 19 degrees outside, and the breaks were barely working. This was not a good trip. Usually I have to pump them once and they work great. This morning there would be no more pressure the second pump than the first. I am guessing the cold is affecting it. Also, I know there is a problem anyways because about 2 weeks ago it started leaking, very little, into the cab. The PO installed it very recently before I bought it a year ago. Isnt it failing a little prematurely? What do I need to fix the master cylinder? Thanks all. :eek:

If it is leaking into the firewall, then that's your problem, not the cold, most likely. It could be it was replaced with an inferior master cylinder (I won't name names---------unless asked :D.

You want it done fast or you want it done cheap? Fast would be get a new one, bench bleed it and install. Cheap would be to rebuild, but that never seems to last more than a year.

OK so I need a new one. Where and what should I get? I am not going to JT Out fitters, I read those posts last week. I think I also need a new clutch master cylinder. Thanks all.

I have always stuck with the OEM stuff through SOR. Haven't tried the NAPA store for this kind if thing. My nearest Toyota dealer is 110 miles away, so it isn't worth the gas to go there. You might try contacting CruiserDan from this board!

B-R-A-K-E-S :flipoff2:

hehehe

Local parts store will have both the clutch master and brake master cylinders, although you may have to wait a day or two. Get a big bottle of brake fluid, cause you're gonna be bleeding both systems. I usually bench bleed, then gravity bleed both. Then finish off with the normal bleeding process.

I use a Napa Clutch master cylinder, with no issues at all. My new brake is OEM via Spector. I would compare SOR's OEM price and Napa, and whatever is cheaper (napa) is what I would go with. Do not buy a CCOT hydraulic anything.
Oh yeah, don't forget to try Cdan.

Thank you, I was just looking at a CCOT through cool cruisers . com. So I will skip that.

Go with Napa, there stuff may actualy be Asian stuff! I bought my Oil Pump From them and it was Asian! I also just had a very bad CCOT experience. My Brake Master FAILED! The piston would NOT return. So basicly i had NO brakes I will NOT buy Hydraulics from them again...

Stew

Thanks guys, just ordered an OEM through Spector. Hope it works well. I am sure the PO had installed junk. Looks like the cruiser will need to sit in the garage for about a week now.

[quote author=cruzer link=board=1;threadid=7961;start=msg67307#msg67307 date=1069700451]
Go with Napa, there stuff may actualy be Asian stuff! I bought my Oil Pump From them and it was Asian! I also just had a very bad CCOT experience. My Brake Master FAILED! The piston would NOT return. So basicly i had NO brakes I will NOT buy Hydraulics from them again...

Stew
[/quote]

I have a brand new master and slave for my clutch from CCOT sitting in my house right now. Thinking I should hock it on ebay now and go OEM.

So I am getting a new master, I am thinking I should probably get out all the old brake fluid. Should I bleed all the old out before even puting the new in? Or am I going about this all wrong?

[quote author=fj40crusher link=board=1;threadid=7961;start=msg67322#msg67322 date=1069702080]
I have a brand new master and slave for my clutch from CCOT sitting in my house right now. Thinking I should hock it on ebay now and go OEM.
[/quote]

It's been said in these pages many times before. One person said got FOUR MCs from them before he got one that worked right. He never told me why he didn't give up sooner....

I got a brake m/c from TPI Land Cruiser and have had no problems with it whatsoever in about 2 years so far. My two cents.

Jody.

You will bleed out the old anyway, after installation of the new master. Search the forum for bench bleeding, you will need to do this as well prior to physical installation of the master.

If you've never worked with cruiser brakes, then you're in a for a party. Most fun i ever had. ::)
Also make sure you use a 10mm line wrench, Napa, as well es every other tool store carries them. Once the fittings are broken loose you can use a standard open end 10 mm, its faster.

Not on a 69, unless it is highly modified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom