brake proportioning valve question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok that little "thingy" that dangles under the brake master cylinder the p&b valve. I seem to understand it is a proportioning valve yet nothing is ever spoken of this creature. now for instance what happens say it fails as i believe mine has. I have had it apart it was all nasty and gunky inside and put it together yet how do i know the tolerances werent messed up. The long and short of the question is i believe it is needed yet what can i safely replace this "thingy" with I.E. an adjustable proportioning valve... and yes i have searched

thanks all

Bryon

Replace it with stock, or with an adjustable if you prefer.

Mark...

now if i replace this with say the wilwood or baer adjustable proportioning valve si the 2 lb residual valve necessary or is that in the master. I am running 4runner brakes up front with stock rear drums

I am about to start back into doing things to my 62 and have a similar question. When I did 4runner brakes I also did the 1" MC. I have pedal but its not great and I think part of it is that I need to bench bleed the MC.

LSPV is another issue since I have a 62. I have an adj valve, but not sure where to go from there.

On your 62 adjust the LSPV rod so that it's parallel to the bottom of the truck. It should be raised equal to the amount of lift, it's discussed elsewhere here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom