Brake pad replacement today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to replace my brake pads today.

Should I expect any unforseen obstacles?
Any tricks or hints?

I've got a set of 04466-60020 and 04465-60020 pads.

Hayes

Pretty lame stuff but I'll say it anyway-

The two pins on the front calipers are pins, not screws so don't try to turn them with a flat bladed screw driver or the light gauge spring clip on the opposite side will get bent to hell. Not that I know anyone who did that. ....

Also - Remember, remove fluid from the resevoir or open a bleeder (preferred method) before compressing the pistons otherwise brake fluid will overflow from the resevoir into the engine area and on to the floor. Not that I know anyone who did that....

What's with the mint chew? Used it to quit chewing?

Mint Chew Sessions.
Long story, related to another obsession (more than LC even).
Since you asked,
if you're in the mood to download some big files and watch some home-grown backcountry ski movies, check out my (pitiful) website: www.mintchewsessions.com

Thanks for the info on the resevoir. I might have been a guy who got brake fluid everywhere.

Hayes

P.S. No, tried chewing tobacco once. Never been so sick in my life.

Hayes

Finished the pad replacement.

Damn easy.

Did spill some brake fluid, though.

However, the old pads did not have any anti squeal shims. I assume they were chucked during some past brake job. The old pads didn't squeal, and so far the new ones don't either. Everything seems to be working great. Do you folks forsee any problems? Should I order the shims and put them on?

Hayes

Don't worry about the shims. They'll be one (or two) less things to throw out when you go with 100 series brake pads in the front :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom