brake lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok so i finally got the knuckle arm loose and the freakin brake line is in the way and i cant get it off when i turn the bolt the whole braket bends like its gonna snap off and i tryed just turning the i nut at the top that attches to the brake but when i turn it, it seems like the brake line is gonna snap please someone help me out i wanna finish this spring over somtime soon im jonesin it to get back behind the wheel of my baby.. thanks--al

Well, sometimes neither heat nor PB work alone, I have found soaking in PB, letting sit for a couple hours at least, then hitting it with a torch and spraying the PB right on there while its still hot, really soak it, then it comes out easy as pie.

But my question is related. I have an HJ60, and I need to replace all the brake lines and fuel lines. The rear lines are almost completely gone, i am surprised they have not blown already. Question, whats the best way and material to replace with?

Thanks,
Alex

[quote author=adasilva link=board=1;threadid=7273;start=msg60720#msg60720 date=1068342285]
Well, sometimes neither heat nor PB work alone, I have found soaking in PB, letting sit for a couple hours at least, then hitting it with a torch and spraying the PB right on there while its still hot, really soak it, then it comes out easy as pie.

But my question is related. I have an HJ60, and I need to replace all the brake lines and fuel lines. The rear lines are almost completely gone, i am surprised they have not blown already. Question, whats the best way and material to replace with?

Thanks,
Alex
[/quote]

I alos use the heat + PB on it. Smells nice! I would replace the lines with OEM unless you can find pre made stainless. Oem fits perfect and are cheap

alright does anyone know if the lower part of the hose not the part that attaches to the brake but the bracket on the axle,,,,does this srew off and i just can take the whole hose off so i can take the knuckle arm off..( it hast too.....) thanks agian cruiser heads

[quote author=lowtideride link=board=1;threadid=7273;start=msg60751#msg60751 date=1068351790]
alright does anyone know if the lower part of the hose not the part that attaches to the brake but the bracket on the axle,,,,does this srew off and i just can take the whole hose off so i can take the knuckle arm off..( it hast too.....) thanks agian cruiser heads
[/quote]

It should, rubber lines are a maintenance item.

I don't want to state the obvious, and I'm not sure I understand the question, but here goes...You need to remove that rubber brake line. The end closest to the center of the truck needs to be taken apart first. Soak with PB, then use a flare wrench to undo the threaded collar. Once that is apart, you can unscrew the end that screws into the backing plate. It has a solid attachment to the rest of the hose so the whole hose must rotate as you unscrew it. Do not reuse those rubber lines. Just go and buy new ones at NAPA or Carquest-about $10 each.

thats all i need to know cruiserdrew its just that the mfer did not budge i was just wondering if i was doing somthing wrong or stupid or both....thanks everyone..your bud-al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom